JD 2320 Wont Go Up a Hill After Warming UP

/ JD 2320 Wont Go Up a Hill After Warming UP #11  
thurman2320 said:
Fluid and filters were changed at 150 hours (approx. 2 years ago).

Symptoms: It starts to go up the slope then acts like the transmission/clutch is slipping. It wants to go, but something isn't connecting.

That tractor is MFWD, mechanical front wheel drive. If you engage the front axle drive gear and then are able to ascend the hill, there is a mechanical problem. I'll bet that your pinion gear is moving away from the ring gear, on the rear differential, under a load. This is likely do to a failed pinion bearing. But I may be wrong, because it seems like you should hear a grinding noise that has not been mentioned. When you do remove the suction screen, insert a magnet in to the trans housing to try and find any bits of bearing or gear. Good luck!

/ JD 2320 Wont Go Up a Hill After Warming UP #12  
That tractor is MFWD, mechanical front wheel drive. If you engage the front axle drive gear and then are able to ascend the hill, there is a mechanical problem. I'll bet that your pinion gear is moving away from the ring gear, on the rear differential, under a load. This is likely do to a failed pinion bearing. But I may be wrong, because it seems like you should hear a grinding noise that has not been mentioned. When you do remove the suction screen, insert a magnet in to the trans housing to try and find any bits of bearing or gear. Good luck!

My 2210 already had a magnet inside the suction screen from the factory.