JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit #1  

Kfbeal

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 JD 5103
Do any of you know if the seal kit for the hyd. cyl. on a JD 260 disc mower would be found in part stores rather than a JD dealer?

On the JD parts website it shows $93.50 but I don't need all the seals. I just blew out the insert in the metal bushing. It's like an internal seal.

BTW, it's a single action cylinder.

Any suggestions?

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit #2  
I would suggest telling them to order only the seal you need.

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit #3  
Take the cylinder to a local hydraulics's shop...

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit #5  
Unfortunately they are usually sold a "kits" for a complete rebuild.

JD, gotta love them guys. Take your cylinder to a shop like Kenny says. Most shops will rebuild that cylinder and give you a warranty for less than JD charges for the parts. Best part is JD gets their seals from Hercules, same place as us shops. Comes in the same exact package.

Andy

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit
I think before I could order just pieces, but not sure. I may have gotten the entire kit which probably should be done while I'm in there, I'm just cheap. I'm sure it's a kit, and not pieced out.

Any hints on how to get the plastic inside of the metal busing? Before I had to squeeze it like a marshmallow and allow it to expand on the inside. It's a hard plastic so it wasn't easy to say the least without experience.

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit #7  
I think before I could order just pieces, but not sure. I may have gotten the entire kit which probably should be done while I'm in there, I'm just cheap. I'm sure it's a kit, and not pieced out.

Any hints on how to get the plastic inside of the metal busing? Before I had to squeeze it like a marshmallow and allow it to expand on the inside. It's a hard plastic so it wasn't easy to say the least without experience.

Is it like what's pictured in THIS thread? Then follow my advice to boils it...there is also a link to Hercules where you can order individual seals.

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit
Yea, sure is. I be d@mned, I never thought about boiling it. Talk about a PITA to get in without doing that. Wonder how I would find the seal # at Hercules from my cylinder. Do you think JD would tell me by chance what seal #'s I need?

/ JD 260 disc mower hyd. cyl. seal kit #9  
Yea, sure is. I be d@mned, I never thought about boiling it. Talk about a PITA to get in without doing that. Wonder how I would find the seal # at Hercules from my cylinder. Do you think JD would tell me by chance what seal #'s I need?

The boiling trick works nice! Very easy to fold it into the C shape and pop it in...

I doubt anybody at the dealer knows what the part number is other than the JD one...you will need to measure your old seals to order from Hercules.