Jd 260

/ Jd 260 #1  

nhman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I have a chance to pick up a 260 lawn tractor for about 2 grand. Comes with snow blower, 42" deck and bagger. Owner says it was 6k new in 1990 with all the attachments. Needs a good cleaning, but always stored in a garage. Any 260 owners out there?. Think it's a 17 hp Kawasaki, manual transmission and lift system. What should I offer?

/ Jd 260 #2  
The comment that it "needs a good cleaning" leads one to wonder how well it has been cared for over the last 21 years.
If you feel comfortable with investing $2k, then that is really what counts. I'd be a bit nervous about it, but then we are not looking at the tractor or the equipment. Hopefully you have a good idea what might be needed to get everything tuned up to run. Things wear out, and maybe the owner has everything up to snuff. Maybe not.
I see no reason to not offer the $2k that he is asking. Taken care of, there is no reason to think it can't perform like brand new. Pics might help change that a bit.

/ Jd 260 #3  
we bought one in 1990 with just a 46 inch deck for 3850. we were offered 600 on a trade 2 years ago. we kept it because it still runs great and mows like it did when we got it. looks great and never spent a night outside. dealer said it wasn't worth much because it was gear drive and not hydro.