JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #121  
Just for the fun of it, buy a cheap turbo style wide oval muffler in the right pipe size and slip it over the end of your exhaust. I'm thinking it'll be a lot quieter with no noticeable loss of power.

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement
I put a good 4 hours on the clock today, brush hogging at WOT. As is always the case, I wore ear plugs, but the noise level is tolerable, despite the higher volume level. The 'brrrrr-aaaapppp' that is noticeable at lighter loads isn't there at WOT, until it boggs down a bit. And in the damp, thick grass, that happens alot. Not bad in the brush.

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement
Over a year later, and I've made no changes... tolerated the noise level, thought about trimming the outlet off flush with the top of the roof/roll cage, but never done it. Paint has burned off most of the galvanized pipe, it's a little rusty in places, but it fits in with the dents and other signs of wear and life on the farm.

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #124  
I had to replace the muffler on my Ford. Bought a farm stor muffler. Hated it for the first few hours. Have tolerated it for a year now and rarely think about it. :)