JD 3010: Oil dripping from everywhere

/ JD 3010: Oil dripping from everywhere #22  
My john deere 3010 diesel recently started dripping oil slow from several locations.

Tractors are supposed to do that. Well, mine does anyway...

I put buckets under it when parked so oil doesn't get on the floor. That's about as far as I'm willing to go.

/ JD 3010: Oil dripping from everywhere #23  
"Tractors are supposed to do that. Well, mine does anyway..."

Wait! Are we talking about English tractors here? I didn't know they made any.

/ JD 3010: Oil dripping from everywhere
Well friends just thought I would follow up with the result. I called the Deere dealership and they said that 9 times out of 10 that diesel is getting into the crank case is because of the diaphragm in the fuel transfer pump. Though I did run the test that was suggested on the forum (ran the lever handle while disconnected from the tractor but still connected to the fuel lines) and saw no fuel seeping out the back, the Deere dealership said the pumping action produced by that lever pales in comparison to the pumping that occurs from the engine. So I replaced the fuel transfer pump ($70) and it seems to have done the trick. I figured that even if it did not fix it, it would be advantageous to have a new diaphragm in the fuel transfer pump (seems you can't buy just the diaphragm.)

Thanks for the help. I'm a huge fan of what can be learned through this forum.

/ JD 3010: Oil dripping from everywhere #25  
Minnesota guy
Thank you for the final chapter in your saga.
It is a big motivation for all of us who post suggestions to know the final result.
Now you have had an experience which will enable you to help others who are bewildered when their tractor's crankcase is filled with diesel.
We all knew nothing about tractors at one time until either family, friends or strangers took the time to enlighten us.
The internet just makes it all so much faster and more informative than what was possible even 20 years ago!
Dave M7040

/ JD 3010: Oil dripping from everywhere #27  
Nice, glad its fixed MG84. And thanks for that "tip".;)