JD 3025

/ JD 3025 #1  

j23

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1734E
I was considering picking one of these up for my farm. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, they have plenty of power and capacity to do what I need. I have two questions:

Being under 25hp, are these exempt from emissions? No DPF? What about EGR? I've been down the Tier IV DPF road, and I won't be repeating the experience.

What about the hydrostatic version? All the machines I've ever run were manual 9x3 (or some variation), are the Hydros on these units reliable and able to handle load?

Thanks!

/ JD 3025 #2  
No, there isn't any DPF on the 3025 models, but keep in mind despite the names these are two pretty different machines.

Personally, I think they're the worst value in the obese tractor category. To clarify, obese in the sense the tractors have a low power to weight ratio, therefore they're fat. There are so many other, more comfortable, and better machines out there. Deere has dropped the ball in this category.

Similar machines include...

Kubota L2502
Kioti CK2620
LS MT225E
New Holland Workmaster 25
TYM/Branson 2515
Mahindra 1626
Bad Boy 4025

Slightly smaller machines in the same horsepower range include...

Kubota LX2610
Kioti CX2510
LS MT225S
TYM T25
TYM/Branson 2610
Mahindra Max 25XL
Bad Boy 3026
Yanmar SA425
John Deere 2025R

I'm sure I'm missing something, it's become a large market; you'd do yourself a disservice to look into these other machines, at least for the sake of wheeling and dealing.