JD 3032E FEL Question

/ JD 3032E FEL Question #1  

david8989

Tractor
John Deere 3032E
I just bought a new 3032E and have put about 10 hours of moderate dirt work and bush hogging on it. I noticed that the bucket has a little "slop" in it. Like when i'm going over rough terrain with an empty bucket it tends to move an inch or two back and forth. Is this normal? The bucket works fine with a load and doesn't move unless I want it to, just when it's empty. I'm pretty new to the tractor world and was looking for some good advice from the seasoned pros.

/ JD 3032E FEL Question #2  
Check out if the joints are loose or something isn't connected right and pinned down.

The description of how it is moving "back and forth" is vague, but a movement of 2" seems a bit much.

:welcome:

/ JD 3032E FEL Question #3  
i have s fel on my tractor with hay forks on it.a i see an hear them moving as i drive on rough uneven groud.so im betting that since your new to tractors your seeing an hearing the samething an thats normal.

/ JD 3032E FEL Question
I checked all the pins and bolts and everything seems fine. What I meant about "back and forth" is the two hydraulic cylinders that control the tilt on the bucket seem to extend/retract enough when going over big bumps to allow the bucket to tilt up/down about two inches. It acts almost like there is air in the hydraulic cylinders allowing them to move slightly on their own.

/ JD 3032E FEL Question #5  
If it is air in your cylinders or line, try tilting your bucket to the max at engine idle and hold it for a few second until you hear a load on your engine, then tilt your bucket the other way and do the same. This should remove air pocket in your cylinder. You should do the same with your boom.:thumbsup:

/ JD 3032E FEL Question #6  
If it is air in your cylinders or line, try tilting your bucket to the max at engine idle and hold it for a few second until you hear a load on your engine, then tilt your bucket the other way and do the same. This should remove air pocket in your cylinder. You should do the same with your boom.:thumbsup:

I would agree with this.

I let my tractor warm up a bit after starting and when she is ready I work the bucket in all directions. It seems to help with what the OP is describing.

/ JD 3032E FEL Question #7  
Then when you see movement of the bucket, use the joy stick to do a full curl-up. If that takes out the movement, then the pins and connections are good. Also, it will get any air out.
And find a friend or neighbor to take a look at it if this doesn't cure your problem. Two heads may be better than one, especially if one has some experience with FEL's :)
No offense meant here.

/ JD 3032E FEL Question
no offense taken :) I have no problem getting help. I will try to work the air out and see if it helps. thanks for the advice guys.