Comparison JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R
I just sold my LS J2023 and now that thing was LIGHT. Compared to the LS, the Deere feels like a "real" tractor. I guess the feeling all depends on your perspective and what you're comparing it against.

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #12  
I know there's guys out there that will strongly disagree with me, but there's no way I would buy a Branson, kioti or ls. Not that there's anything bad about them but the dealer support is sketchy at best...atleast by me. I have seen dealer after dealer come and go and there is no way I'm risking it. Also for that size machine, the hst is nice! I know you can get parts online but I would like to know the dealer won't be going anywhere

Brett

Well fine you had your say. I liked my 2007 well enough to buy a 2016 and somehow survived not having a dealer next door. There I had my say!

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #13  
Well fine you had your say. I liked my 2007 well enough to buy a 2016 and somehow survived not having a dealer next door. There I had my say!

There it is! I was hoping you would chime in as I knew you were happy with them. I have yet to see one of the brands I mentioned stay around in the area for more than a couple years hence my statement. I use my warranty several times a year (yeah I know....great quality with green paint) and if my local dealer went **** up I don't know where I'd have to travel to. No doubt they have a quality product, the manufacturers have been building tractors all over the world for a long time

Brett

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #14  
How often will you be changing travel speed or direction while bush hogging? I guess that would help me in deciding between HST and shuttle.

Good luck on your decision.

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #15  
There it is! I was hoping you would chime in as I knew you were happy with them. I have yet to see one of the brands I mentioned stay around in the area for more than a couple years hence my statement. I use my warranty several times a year (yeah I know....great quality with green paint) and if my local dealer went **** up I don't know where I'd have to travel to. No doubt they have a quality product, the manufacturers have been building tractors all over the world for a long time

Brett

If I had to use the word Several to describe how many times per year I needed warranty work on a tractor I would not be recommending that brand even if the dealership was right next door.

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #16  

Brett

Well I did......Grin.

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #17  
If you compare specs, the Branson is in a different size/class then the "E" John Deere. But I'd get the transmission that you want, even if it means you pass on both of these opportunities. On the Branson, about a year ago they came out with the hydro-max where the throttle and HST pedal are linked, and they changed the design of the HST unit. The HST whine pretty much went away, and the throttle link is actually a very nice feature. You can buy a brand new 3520 hydro-max with a loader for somewhere around $22k'ish (cash or standard rate price - might be a little more depending on the dealer) and that will have a 6 year warranty. And I am sure you can also look at the non-economy JD models in that size and find a very nice tractor as well.

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #18  
If I had to use the word Several to describe how many times per year I needed warranty work on a tractor I would not be recommending that brand even if the dealership was right next door.

Haha. It's all I know since buying my own tractors. Honestly I don't think I've gone a month without a problem. Sometimes they are minor like a code, others they are major like it needs to be split again. I don't recommend the 5e series Deere much

Well I did......Grin.

Yup!

Brett

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R
What are the pros/cons of mechanical injection that the Branson has? I know nothing about what that means.

/ JD 3032E vs Branson 3520R #20  
I have a 3032E. I would think it fine for your application. Get the tires filled, weight is lacking. I have a pretty sloped property with a tight forest. My 3032E fits in the atv trails fine and the brush hog does clean them up nicely. The HST is very nice. I've only got 50 hours on mine but so far I've cut in a new road with a box blade, cleared 6' high blackberries, moved large logs and brush piles with pallet forks, regraded and graveled my 575' driveway, disassembled old buildings, etc. It's a very capable tractor but it does need more rear end weight. I think all around rim guard would be just dandy.

lack of weight and lift capacity are my only gripes but the loader is well matched to the existing weight of the machine. It does what I need it to do and there's a super strong dealer network and I doubt JD is going to stop making tractors any time soon.