Buying Advice JD 3032E

/ JD 3032E #1  

4horsemom

I am about to buy my very first tractor - JD 3032E. Just want to make sure it will pull my arena drag....that will be its main purpose. I have a 7ft round arena werks style drag. Should this be enough tractor for the job? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! :)

/ JD 3032E #2  
The 3032e has 31 Engine HP and 25 HP at the PTO. It weighs (base tractor) about 2200 lbs.
That should be quite sufficient for pulling that 7' drag.

Which tires are you considering? Unless you're going to mow your lawn with it too, I suggest you go with R-1 Agricultural tires for best traction.

/ JD 3032E
Thanks. I hadn't checked on the tires! Looks like they are R4.

/ JD 3032E #4  
If your pulling a drag I would think you would want to desturb the ground as less as possible. Right
Oh And Welcome to TBN...

/ JD 3032E #5  
If your pulling a drag I would think you would want to desturb the ground as less as possible. Right
Oh And Welcome to TBN...

Yeah, but the drag would smooth it out.

/ JD 3032E #6  
Then why not r4 tires?

/ JD 3032E #7  
Then why not r4 tires?

R-4's would be OK, R-1's (due to better traction) would be better. That's if the OP has a choice in the tires (new tractor, he would...used tractor, he gets what's mounted)

/ JD 3032E #8  
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

The tractor will be plenty more than enough for an arena rake.

I agree with Roy though, if you can, R1's (Ag's) will give the best traction for pulling it, and since the rake will just smooth it out, there's no worry of tearing up the ground. R4 (Industrial's) will be suitable and do not buy R3 (turfs) as you won't get enough traction.

Are you going new or used?

/ JD 3032E #9  
I have horses, and a drag, and a 2720 and a 3320. Both tractors do just fine with the drag and a whole lot of other implements too. The 3032 will be a nice tractor for you.

I use the 2720 to drag when i am in a hurry or it's late, otherwise Lucas gets to do it ;-) The drag does a fine job of covering his hoof prints. R4's are fine....