JD 310E backhoe transmission system pressure study?

/ JD 310E backhoe transmission system pressure study? #1  

JL Sargent

Silver Member
I connected a 300 psi gauge to the System Pressure port today and I have 230 psi at this port after I crank the tractor. This seems to be normal. Releasing parking brake momentarily drops this pressure to 150 for a second, but then its right back up to 230. Then after 10 minutes or so of moving the tractor around I can watch this pressure drop pretty quickly to sub 100 psi and by design the parking brake is applied with the loss of hydraulic pressure. Then I can turn off tractor and let it sit for a few minutes (5 minutes at the most) and recrank and I then have a strong 240 psi on my gauge? It can stay in this 230 to 240 range for quite a while (20 to 30 minutes maybe) before repeating the scenario. Any ideas? If I couldn't restart tractor and get things back to normal, I would suspect the transmission charge pump. Pressure regulating valve maybe? Your thoughts appreciated.

/ JD 310E backhoe transmission system pressure study?
This ended up being a clogged screen on the charge pump pickup tube. I drained the trans fluid, removed the charge pump, ran a bore scope down the pickup tube and could see the clog. I back flushed this screen for several hours with diesel fuel/air gun and was able to clean it about 90% I'd estimate. After putting the tractor back together, system pressure is 250 psi and all is working properly.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Pile of wheel scotches (A34236)
Pile of wheel...
Pedal Car (A34236)
Pedal Car (A34236)
Case SC Salvage Tractor (A33041)
Case SC Salvage...
EG360 Ride On Skidsteer (A34009)
EG360 Ride On...
1987 Strick Container Trailer, (A33078)
1987 Strick...
Unused 30ft x 40ft  Container Shelter w/Endwall. (A33079)
Unused 30ft x 40ft...