JD 3140 - No steering, Lift, Remotes but PTO Works

/ JD 3140 - No steering, Lift, Remotes but PTO Works #1  

crankit

Tractor
Weekweek
Hi All, Just trying to narrow down the loss of hydraulics on this 3140. Only thing working is PTO which start AND stops.
New Oil
New filter,
Cleaned the hydraulic oil screen
Checked the filter bypass valve.
Cleaned the small screen in the Front High Pressure pump.

Question - With a bore scope I have found oil leaking in the Rockshaft cover in the area of the Lift Valves while idling. Would leaking rockshaft valves be enough to prevent any movement from steering and lift while still allowing the PTO to stop and start? I'm going to remove rock shaft and renew the valves anyway, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to cause total loss of hydraulics. Please tell me I'm wrong???

Hoping it's not one of the internal pipes that these seemed to be renowned for.

/ JD 3140 - No steering, Lift, Remotes but PTO Works #2  
Welcome to TBN
The leaking under the rockshaft cover sounds familiar from reading other posts. Hang tight, as more expert help will be forthcoming.

/ JD 3140 - No steering, Lift, Remotes but PTO Works #3  
Leaking rockshaft control valve seals could contribute to slower hyd operation but I doubt it would stop high pressure performance especially power steering. I suggest to check front hyd pump coupler to be sure pump shaft turns when engine crankshaft turns. If hyd pump has a destroking screw I suggest to turn DS screw down then back out while engine is operating at idle. DS screw shown in following link. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/74046/referrer/navigation/pgId/2575160