JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle

/ JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle #1  

porschetmc

Tractor
John Deere 319D
Hi All,

I have a 2010 John Deere 319 D with H and ISO controls (1200 hours). I have been having a problem that when I start it up it will not rev up past idle. It seems like this happens about 25% of the time. Sometimes if I wait a little it will rev up. Sometimes I have to restart it a bunch of times. Any thoughts of what could be causing this?

thanks

/ JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle #2  
:welcome: to TBN

Have you checked your fuel supply flow, pressure, and filters?

/ JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle #3  
On both the manual controls and eh controls the engine speed control starts with a potentiometer. Other sensors, control units also play into it as well. I would dig out your op manual for instructions to pull the codes that may be stored if not fuel related. Above is correct though, fuel filter is always a good place to start.

/ JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle
I have recently changed the fuel separator and the in line filter. Before I changed them the computer was de-rating the engine

I think I got the problem fixed, I started to get the code 100.03 (engine oil pressure out of range high) It usually was not in my active codes but it was in the stored codes.
I replaced the engine oil pressure sensor (AT85174) and it seemed to do the trick.

I am back to the drawing board.

After changing the engine oil pressure sensor the 319 started to work as it should revving up past idle but 2 days later it was back to its old self not revving up past idle (when I say it does not rev up past idle there is absolutely no throttle input, the rpm are stuck at 1200rpms). The last couple weeks I have been searching the web for people with the same problem with the d series. I have found 3 that say that it happened to them and they wigged wire and relays and it started to work correctly. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=81074

I have tried wiggling all the wires could see and unplugging and replugging the connections.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do next or which wires relays fuses are related to the throttle?

This is driving me nuts (although it is a short drive)

Okay I might of found the problem. I think it was the foot pedal throttle. When I was looking around the pedal looked corroded from salt. I did not think it would be it since the books say that both throttles work independent of each other (the pedal and the dial). I discounted the pedal and tried it; the machine now works the way it should (minus not having a foot throttle). It has been working now for over a week with no hiccups so I am hoping that was the issue. I have not yet bought a new foot pedal, I was hoping I could find just the sensor, but so far I cannot. JD only sells the whole assemble.

/ JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle #8  
Okay I might of found the problem. I think it was the foot pedal throttle. When I was looking around the pedal looked corroded from salt. I did not think it would be it since the books say that both throttles work independent of each other (the pedal and the dial). I discounted the pedal and tried it; the machine now works the way it should (minus not having a foot throttle). It has been working now for over a week with no hiccups so I am hoping that was the issue. I have not yet bought a new foot pedal, I was hoping I could find just the sensor, but so far I cannot. JD only sells the whole assemble.
Had the same exact issue, and luckily found your post before spending an excessive amount of time on various solutions.
Wanted to thank you for putting this info up.

For reference my battery died, I jumped it and suddenly everything worked except the engine speed control dial.
After a couple of days of troubleshooting I found this post, disconnected an extremely corroded foot pedal (former owner moved salt with it and it immediately worked.

Thanks again,
M

/ JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle #9  
Yep, always great when the OP comes back with updates!
Welcome and glad you solved your issue.