JD 3203 Fuel tank draw tube plugging?

/ JD 3203 Fuel tank draw tube plugging? #1  

mkr7734

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3203,
I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this with their 3000 series JD? My tractor will be 9 years old next month and has 480 Hr.

Okay, so here is how it went. It is long so if you don't want to read it I am cool.
I am pulling the land pride 60" grader with all 4 Scarifiers deep in the ground working it hard and the machine dies.. ????? So I wait and it starts and dies, I wait again and it starts and runs sort of then dies I am on the no fuel thing but the tank shows 1/4 tank and I have run it way into the red with no problem. So I dig through a friend's shed where I am working and find a pair of pliers so I can check for fuel. I start up stream from the tank at the filter after the water separator and nothing much at all. So down stream to the out side of the water separator and not much at all. So then I check where it comes out of the tank and it is a dribble and I am thinking :confused3: it is out of fuel???? So I get my extra fuel tank and dump it in. When it is out it has no prob taking the 6 gallons from the can but it is full with at least a gallon left over???? SO :confused3: again. Now some fuel is coming out of the hose from the tank to the water separator but not much. But it is running so I move ahead. Again later when I load it heavy it dies, but if I baby it it keeps going so I finish what I am doing and load it back on the trailer and tell Al it is coming home so I can check it out.
When I do the water separator is dirty but not that bad but needs to be cleaned. There are two more filters up stream from there but I decide to check the feed to the water separator again and nothing, So I get the blow gun out and give the line a hit,,,,,,,,,,,,there is a pop and fuel is shooting all over the place from the out line from the tank now. I am covered with fuel but there is plenty. :mur: Machine starts up and runs like a champ but I am thinking what inside the tank did I blow up????? :pullinghair:
I come in and check the parts list on JD web site and there is nothing but a straight fitting going into the bottom of the tank nothing else, no filter or anything so I figure something must have got into the tank and made it's way to the out line draw tube and plugged it up. Heck if I know??? What do you think??? Someone suggested it is a bio-diesel issue???? :confused3:
The test will be taking it back but as long as the fuel is coming out like it is now I think it will be good.

:confused:
Anyone else have something like this????

/ JD 3203 Fuel tank draw tube plugging? #2  
Kev, like you and I discussed yesterday, we had that problem in a lot of the trucks and equipment at work after we switched to bio-diesel. The guys actually put some in a jar and it grew a plant like substance in the jar. We would add 911 to the fuel and the problem would clear up.

/ JD 3203 Fuel tank draw tube plugging?
John, I put some of the 911 in the tank and used it hard all day yesterday installing the driveway at Al's house. She never missed a lick. Problem solved.!!!! :thumbsup: