JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem

/ JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem #1  

Mcswajl

Tractor
JD 3320
2013 JD 3320 HST 4 way flashers work correctly. Turn signals do not. Press left signal button and both left and right lights light up but do not flash, press the right signal button and both left and right lights flash. My 3320 has a single toggle switch left of the steering wheel. I checked fuses and looks fine, checked the ground wire inside both light housing and they are good. Open cab. I can稚 find a flasher control or a relay. Do these 3320s have a flasher or is it controlled in the computer? Any thoughts on what I should do? Thanks! Josh

/ JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem
Update! I pulled the turn signal switch out and it works fine. No, this style switch does not have a relay or flasher built into it. Where is the relay?

Part number for my switch is LVA12928

/ JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem #4  
Flasher is built in the BCU; Basic Control Unit/ computer. I had trouble with a different model JD and it turned out to be low battery voltage, battery going bad. The computer is very sensitive to low voltage.

Flasher is built in the BCU; Basic Control Unit/ computer. I had trouble with a different model JD and it turned out to be low battery voltage, battery going bad. The computer is very sensitive to low voltage.

Thank you very much for the information. I have looked all over this tractor for a flasher and now I know where it is. What kept confusing me is the fact that the 4 ways will flash and operate as they should but the signals will not. I guess they are programmed differently. This 067 code started prior to me replacing the battery, so it now has a good strong battery but still 067 is showing up. Do I need to clear the codes, can I do that on my own? Would you suspect the cause of 067 could be wiring or very likely my BCU has an internal issues causing this error?
FYI - when using the turn signals even though the rear lights to do work properly the signal arrows on the dash/control panel flash properly.

/ JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem #6  
I am not sure how to clear codes on your tractor. When my battery was going bad the right hazard/turn light would be ON, both the light and dash indicator. It would not go out until the tractor was shut off. New battery cured the problem.

Problem fixed! I bought a new light switch part # LVA20451 and installed it yesterday but that did not fix the problem. At this point I had eliminated all points of failure except for diving deep into the wiring. What I found was a "fix" be the previous owner that involved tying one ground wire to the other but it was not done properly. Why these two ground wires were tied together I have no clue, I corrected the problem with the wires and the lights worked perfectly! I removed the new light switch and reinstalled the original, now I have a new light switch for the future. Thanks for those that replied to my post.

/ JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem #8  
That's great.
And with that kind of "insurance", we all know that original switch will be working like new when the tractor finally gives up the ghost.

/ JD 3320 HST Flasher/Turn signal problem #9  
Bad grounds cause strange, hard to diagnose problems. Glad you found it before spending a lot on parts not needed.