JD 336 Baler

/ JD 336 Baler #1  

sgm98z

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 255
I purchased a JD 336 baler and it's leaking from the hyd. pump. How difficult of a job is it to replace or repair the pump? I believe the pump is powered by the PTO. I've never owned a baler and calling me a novice would be stretch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mark

/ JD 336 Baler #2  
What hyd pump are you referring to? I don't locate a hyd pump in JD 336 parts catalog #1282. There is a pump repair kit in 346 parts catalog.
AFH202885 Seal Kit -HYDRAULIC PUMP ADD 199.27 USD

/ JD 336 Baler #3  
Jim,
I suspect the pump would be for the bale thrower. Not sure if Deere lists that as an option for that baler or in the same parts diagrams.

Mark,
Where is the leak on the pump? I.e. out the shaft seal, between the gear case and end cover, etc. If out the shaft seal area check to make sure the shaft is not rusted and pitted in the seal area before investing in a seal kit.

Typically gear pumps are not to difficult to repair but there are always exceptions to every rule.

/ JD 336 Baler #4  
I forget about bale ejectors as none were ever sold in my area. #30 bale ejector PC lists 2 different brand pumps. A Cessna & PARKER-HANNIFIN.