jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes

/ jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes #1  

Billy Bee

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 33, John Deere 3020
1997 jd with liquid cooled kawasaki puked oil 3 different time this summer. The first time after I shut it off in the barn, the second time after idling down headed to the barn, this last time when I got off after mowing and left it running for a couple minutes before putting away. The first two times it didn't lose much, the last time it took a half quart to refill. I did not overfill the crankcase. I think it it must be a plugged crankcase vent, if so where is it, how to unplug it. I do not have a manual for it.
Thanks for your help,
Bill

/ jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes #2  
On most small engines there is a hose or tube that goes from crankcase to carb inlet. That is the crankcase vent.

/ jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes #3  
Get the model number off the Kawasaki and search the internet for the engine manual. Should be easy to find. Post here if you want more help.

Good luck finding the cause. And hope you let us know what it was.

/ jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes #4  
Where’s it coming from? The fill cap?

/ jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes #6  
It has to be burning the oil or leaking it on the ground.

/ jd 345 with Kaw 18hp puking oil sometimes
It has to be burning the oil or leaking it on the ground.
No smoke while operating, puddle underneath the fill cap. Fill cap is tight. Mowed for 45 min. yesterday no problems, I mow 2 or 3 times a week and it has only done it 3 times all summer. Going to do a search for the crankcase vent this week, don't think it goes to the carb inlet as there is no oil in the breather area. Going to take Beenthere's advice and look up that engine.
Thanks,
Bill