JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940? #11  
Double Orange said:
You my friend are an Idiot!
The op ask about J.D. or Kubota!
He never mentioned all the other trash out there!
That was way out of line.

I am very enthusiastic about this board because of the quality of the knowledge transfer and the civility of the discussion. This is the kind of post I would expect to see on a Playstation or some kind of crotch rocket forum; not here.

If anyone feels like making a post like this, please, just don't.

In regards to the original post, I am of the opinion that the contemporary CUTs are all very good reliable machines, almost to the point of being commodities. My criteria for purchasing one color over another are, in order:

1. Dealer support
2. Ergonomics that fit the purchaser
3. Price

Good luck and post pictures after you purchase.

/ JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940? #12  
Liliyflynn,

A couple other thoughts to share as I was seriously considering the 3520 as well. The 3520 has been around several years with a proven track record. I think...not sure, but the Kubota model in your sights is a fairly new with fairly new features. I personally don't like buying new equipment and then find the following year that this or that had been upgraded, revised, or replaced for better reliability or performance. Also, if you can get a rep to take you through each function of the tractors you consider, that would greatly help compare the two in your decision. Don't go specifically by spec sheets as JD and Kubota don't always have direct models to make comparisons off spec sheets. I failed to do this when I bought my first tractor.

Remove replace buckets, loaders, the 3PH, and test other functions to see how they work for you. I really like the JD quicktach system for the loader bucket and removing the loader and #PH is a breeze. The Yanmar also purrs and is a fuel sipper. On the other hand, a nice feature of Kubota is Kubota can say their products are not pieced together...it's a Kubota motor, parts, etc. I do think some of their 3PH sway arms area bit stouter than the JD. BUT, I've bent a JD sway arm going in reverse and it was easy to hammer back in shape. The Kubota I believe is all metal...at least mine was...and I prefer metal hoods over JDs plastic hoods. BUT the Kubota required removing bottom panels to service...not sure if they changed that...while the JD can be serviced in many ways without removing the hood or panels. A lot of thought went into the way JD set their units up for service and I personally think Kubota improved their design to follow suit. Check out foot operation...treddle peddle vs F & R on the JD. I liked them both equally...just gotta get used to whatever you get. Check out if the 3520 has loadmatch to keep your motor from stalling under load...works great. I think Kubota may have come up with a similar function...I believe once again Kubota took this idea from JD

So, get the reps to point out servicing the oil changes, air filtration, hydro, etc. Also ask about warranty, doorstep service costs if any, loading tires, added hooks, lights, etc. My JD dealer threw in a lot of extras that cost me on the Kubota. Yes, I paid more for JD upfront, but final cost of ownership for me proved the Kubota cost me more in the long run.

Paint, my paint on the Kubota faded badly in a short time...none so far on the JD. Also, my Kubota gauge cluster went from a dark grey to faded grey in no time. Color choice may be a factor as well. I prefer the green...looks better in relation to my surroundings and house color. My house was red...did not look good with ornage near it. However, the Kubotas orange looks pretty fantastic in other places.

I'm trying to be as objective as possible...but after owning both, I'd personally get the 3520.

Lastly, a question for Messik. Can you share what features JD took from Kubota other than developing smaller CUTs to diversify their product line for market share? I have heard that many Kubota features were originally introduced by JD and maybe even improved. Historically, many products from Japan have been "copied" and even improved from other manufacturers. If I was a betting person, I'd wager that the JD R&D folks spend much of their time trying to seperate themselves from the pack rather than be like Kubota. I bet they are a pretty proud bunch that certainly looks at other brands features, but in the end, try to standout as a leader in the industry. They have a huge presence in the construction and agricultural industry with big iron, ags, combines,TLBs, excavators, dozers, forestry, etc. They are everywhere...on almost every street corner, many farms, ranches, and contruction sites. I bet Kubota's corporate folks would fall over themselves to have this type of market depth and diversity. So, I respectfully disagree that Kubota is the brand others want to be.

/ JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940? #13  
coobie said:
Sorry you feel that way.I was trying to give this person all options.If you think that I don,t like Kubota products check my signature,I own a few.I have a question for you as well,are all other tractors out there besides JD and Kubota Trash?You my friend you are narrowed minded,I feel sorry for you.

You are correct. My statement was innapropriate.
Please accept my appology.
Frank

/ JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940? #14  
Double Orange said:
You are correct. My statement was innapropriate.
Please accept my appology.
Frank
No hard feelings here my friend.Take care,coobie.

/ JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940? #15  
Double Orange said:
You my friend are an Idiot!
The op ask about J.D. or Kubota!
He never mentioned all the other trash out there!

And you Sir are an ignoramous. The OP clearly indicated he was a newbie. He doesn't know about a variety of other options and it is perfectly reasonable to make other suggestions. They are just suggestions. Go crawl back into your hole but first call your mother and give her grief for not teaching you better manners.

Edit: please not this comment was posted after reading the original post not after seeing the apology. Please delete the part about calling your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.