Price Check JD 3520 specs .. good price???

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price??? #1  

Don 57

I am in the market for a new tractor and I have been to the local JD, MF and Kubota dealers for recommendations and prices.

I told them that I'm not sure of the specific model because they have so many that fall in the same HP range and that I would leave this to them to recommend.

The workload specifications I provided were:
1/2 mile gravel driveway (includes 2 - 20+ degree hills) - grading, maintenance and snow removal.
1.5 acre lot - mowing and yard maintenance.
100 acre farm - hauling firewood, brush clearing, road maintenance, etc.

and that I'm looking for something in the 30-35HP range with these features/attachments:

4WD.
Cab with Heat and A/C.
Hydro transmission.
Category 1 3-point-hitch.
Draw Bar.
PTO.
Auxiliary hydraulic remotes.
Front end loader with heavy duty bucket (quick attach).
Finish mower - 60".
Snow blower.
Landscape rake - 5'.
Backhoe.
R4 tires.

The JD dealer proposed a JD model 3520 tractor with deluxe cab, JD 300CX loader, JD 375 backhoe, JD 59" Snowblower 4200/4300/4400, a Frontier GM10 Grooming mower and a Frontier LR10 Landscape Rake (why Frontier, doesn't JD make these attachments?).

The price they quoted is $49900 !!! Is this a lot??? Is this too much tractor for my needs???

Thanks ... Don
I'm still waiting on the MF and Kubota quotes.

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price??? #2  
Frontier is just the name JD gives to their CUT attachments. I believe most of the Frontier line is made by someone else and given the Frontier name.

The price with all of those attachments, is probably about right or on the high side. What was the quote for just the tractor and FEL? In my area, I aim for 15-18% off list for tractor/FEL. Get the price of the attachments separately to better evaluate the overall bid.

The 3x20 series with cab and R4 tires is not a good unit for hillsides unless you have the rear end well ballasted and then it won't be good for mowing and yard work with all that weight. If you buy R1 tires, they can be set wider but not good for yard mowing. I tell every new buyer, get the skid steer attachment for the FEL and buy a JD skid steer foundry bucket in the 66" width and you will spend about the same amount of money and have the ability to use skid steer pallet forks (much cheaper) and other skid steer attachments later if you desire. The JD skid steer foundry bucket is also much more HD than any CUT HD bucket.

60" finish mower is way to narrow, it will just barely cover the width of the R4 tires which are 59". Go at least 72" and you easily will have enough power. I used an 84" rear finish mower on mine and power was never an issue for my 3720.

I had a cabbed 3720 R4 tires, and traded in for cabbed 4520 with R1 tires. The 4520 sits 6-8 inches higher but the wider setting of the wheels makes it seem much more stable.

Personally, I think the Frontier line of equipment is good, but there is certainly cheaper and just as well made (or better) equipment by other companies. There are a lot of good used attachments that will cost 1/3-1/2 less than a new Frontier and still be in excellent condition.

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price??? #3  
Was that price from Gardner? They are usually competitive. The snow blower adds almost 6k, and the backhoe adds another 6-8k if I recall.

I just got a quote for a bit under 40k for a loaded 3720 with just the heavy duty bucket and 72" MMM, no snow blower or back hoe. Of course you understand that blower will sit around for another five years before it snows again...

Wayne

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price??? #4  
4x20 series definitely wider stance and very stable. I run Turf Special tires on my unit and its stance is about 66 - 68 inches and it is very stable. Some on the forum have used Unverferth hub spacers to widen the 3x20 series stance and have had a lot of success doing that. The price seems a bit high to me

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price???
Thanks for the feedback ...

I think the price is a little high also...it looks like about 12% off list. I'll keep working on the salesman.

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price???
It was Gardiner out of Waldorf. I bought a Polaris Ranger from them 2 years ago and got a good deal. Now I'm looking for a tractor. They have been very responsive, but I haven't had time to really negotiate yet. I did finally get MF and Kubota prices...the MF 1635 with all attachments is coming in at $43500 and the Kubota L3540 is right at $49000.

/ JD 3520 specs .. good price??? #8  
did you think about the 110 tbl