JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video)

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video) #11  
You need some R1's if you plan on doing that very often:thumbsup:

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video)
R1s would have been nice! So would a bigger tractor lol.

Oddly enough, the MX6 was fully raised at the 3pt.

Reason he had the fronts turned was because on both sides of those crossings there was a steep embankment that led to about 5' deep water.

We finally got it out. Had to go to a different area and cut a few trees down to access the creek. I couldn't film it because the camera was full... Should have had the gopro!

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video) #15  
I thought you had the right idea at first, back dragging material into the soft areas causing you trouble. It just seemed you weren't dragging back far enough to fully fill in where your rears were digging.

backdragging that material is useless so essentially it will do nothing but create more slop. all your doing is mixing it into more soup. backdragging slop into slop ruts just makes more slop dude.

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video) #16  
Looks to me like you just needed a little momentum to get up that hill. Trying to creep thru mud and climbing a muddy hill with R4 tires just don't work. Raising the bush hog off the ground would have helped a lot too.

No kidding!

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video) #17  
Hydraulic toplink would have raised the MX-6 enough to clear when going up the opposite side, maybe screwing the manual link in all the way would have helped. Impossible to back drag fill into a water hole and drive on it without making a quagmire - better off to cut the top of the bank with the loader and dump it off to the side to make a ramp, that way it'll be somewhat solid. And a little speed, stomp on the diff lock, go about 3MPH, hang on. That way when you get stuck you're well and truly stuck - all or nothing. Otherwise it looked like my 3520 a couple of times.

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video) #18  
better off to cut the top of the bank with the loader and dump it off to the side to make a ramp, that way it'll be somewhat solid.

Ditto ... that worked for me. Also dumping some 4-6 inch Rip-Rap stone on the ramps helps. Ramps should be 45 degrees max.

/ JD 3520 Stuck in Muddy Creek Crossing (video) #19  
This looks like snake country. This means there could be snakes in your tractor. If you have access to a large drive in freezer with a door big enough for your tractor you can bring it inside and keep it at 0* F. for 48 hours. Otherwise, I am afraid you will have no choice but to burn it.

This looks like snake country. This means there could be snakes in your tractor. If you have access to a large drive in freezer with a door big enough for your tractor you can bring it inside and keep it at 0* F. for 48 hours. Otherwise, I am afraid you will have no choice but to burn it.

Better than snakes on a plane.