JD 4052M and MX8??

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #1  

Dagwood55

Tractor
JD 4200
Will a 4052M with Hydro handle a MX8 bush hog (8' drag type with 2 spindles)?

My dealer says it should, but I want to know that it WILL.

Modarate terrain and I don't let it get too high or grown up. Probable mow once a month.

Thanks,

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #2  
We are interested in this too.. We are looked at some tractor within the 4 series and using it with a heavy duty, but more narrow mower.

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #3  
Which hitch? Pull, 3pt or semi mount? I have a semi mount which attaches to the bottom hooks on the QH and uses a hyd to control that back wheels. It takes a bunch of weight off the tractor. We love ours. I know someone running it off a 4066 and loved it. They upgraded to a 12’ batwing. That said I think you’ll be great. I had a mx7 and it was just awkward and took a bunch of power. Get the mx8 and get after it. Semi mount would be my recommendation

Brett

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #5  
You are right at the Edge. I have an MX10 behind a 5083E with a full 3pt mount and its all I want when the grass is as tall as the front tires. If I mowed it at a foot tall I think it would be fine. Its right around 7hp/ft (69 pto hp) not the 5hp/ft guide everyone throws out there. I also run with 800lb of suitcase weights or the front loader to keep the front end from getting light when I pick the whole unit up.

/ JD 4052M and MX8?? #6  
Hi,

I have a new HX7 on my 5083E and it is a good match for the professional mowing we do on very steep roadside forestry cuttings here. In extremely heavy grass it does well but in junipers and other tough cutting it is plenty for my machine. Had a twin spindle RH-96 Alamo before and it was too much mower and too heavy for the tractor. If it were me, I would buy the MH6 Deere mower probably and would totally avoid the pull type since you cant pick them up high enough when you fetch up on something. The 4000 series is a small tractor for the cutter you wish to run and I would think in this situation less is more would serve you well.

Brian