JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation #1  

redstatedog

Can someone please provide the lifting capacity of my JD 4100, 410 loader?
Any suggestions as to the proper fork attachment for my equipment? I don't want to over-purchase an attachment that is too heavy and therefore limit my lifting capacity. I was thinking I would purchase the lightest set of forks that maximize my lifting capacity. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation #2  
You can load it heaping full of gravel. I hauled about 22 tons of gravel with it.

Think it's somewhere between 1,000 and 1,200 #. Do a search. Think someone reported the official weight limit in the past. My manual did not have a value in it. Says to put 770 # of ballast. Most I've used is my 400 # LX4.

Ralph

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation #3  
I thought it was 800-900 pounds, but can't remember for sure...
I built my own fork setup that fits the JD quick-attach setup, as did quite a few other's here if you do some searching. Your JD dealer sells the Frontier brand that will fit for about $600-$700.

Do you have a welder and basic fabrication skills?

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation
Thanks for the responses.
Welding is not an option, sad to say. I was impressed by the set you made Kennyd, however I do not have that skill. Therefore, I will need to purchase my fork attachment. A potential concern I have about purchasing the Deere/Frontier brand is that I read in a previous thread that those brand forks may be overkill and very heavy for my 4100 (more appropriate for larger model tractors) resulting in a signifcant loss of lifting capability. As a result, others have recommended lighter weight forks to retain more lifting capability. There in lies my dilemma. I am trying to balance adequate fork strength while maximizing lifting capability. I just assume purchase the Deere forks (even if a bit more $) if they wouldn't signficantly reduce my lifting capacity.

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation #5  
I understand your concern about the weight of the forks, but finding a light duty set that will also connect to the JD QA setup will be the problem. I believe the Frontier forks weight about 250lbs or so leaving you with 600-700lbs of lifting capacity.

Where are you located? If you want to make a road trip to MD we will build you a set:D

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation #6  
Horst welding makes (at least they did) a lighter set. I compared it to the Deere branded model a few years back. The Horst tines were longer (I think)and were of box construction. Plus a few $$ cheaper. I went home with the Horst. Concerns I had about the box beam forks were dispelled; I moved bunchs of pallets, wood/tree trunks, brush (long forks work great on brush piles) and picked up a few heavy shop tools (air comp & metal lathe) to no ill effect. Have put enough of a load on them to stall the FEL (18 foot dock) without bending the forks. BTW, I do like the adjustability (width). Good luck.

/ JD 4100, 410 Loader Capacity, Fork Weight Recommendation
As I am located in Michigan, MD is a bit of a hike although I appreciate the suggestion KennyD.

I think I will consider the Horst brand as suggested, however, unless they will ship direct, I may be out of luck as they do not appear to have a licensed dealer near me.