JD 4110 alternator light

/ JD 4110 alternator light #1  

driscollt

Tractor
John Deere 4110
I was wondering if anyone has corrected the situation where the alternator light does not come on when the ignition key is in the "On" position? The other lights that should light are working fine. The tractor is running fine at this point. I have checked the light bulb, fuses and the wiring connections. Thanks

/ JD 4110 alternator light #2  
I have a PDF of the tech manual if you want it to look through the wiring and electrical, shoot me an email if you want it

Joe

/ JD 4110 alternator light #3  
Put a volt meter on the battery while its running to see if it's charging.

/ JD 4110 alternator light
I have one thanks.

/ JD 4110 alternator light #6  
Does it have power at the bulb socket? I have seen some bad bulbs before that looked fine.

Does it have power at the bulb socket? I have seen some bad bulbs before that looked fine.

No, it does not appear to have power (I have tried new bulbs too). I am wondering if there is a switch/relay that the power goes through that is not working. Wiring seems to be okay. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

/ JD 4110 alternator light #8  
No, it does not appear to have power (I have tried new bulbs too). I am wondering if there is a switch/relay that the power goes through that is not working. Wiring seems to be okay. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

You should be able to see this on the wiring diagram. Does your machine have an external voltage regulator or is it built in the alt.

You should be able to see this on the wiring diagram. Does your machine have an external voltage regulator or is it built in the alt.

External regulator and it has been replaced recently, the light issue predates this regulator replacement. Thanks

/ JD 4110 alternator light #10  
I have a pdf of WSM wiring schematic for your model tractor.

The charging light wiring is very simple. One wire from the external regulator to the dash light and another wire from the dash light to a common ground point.

Tried to post picture of WSM page but Tinypic is down.

You could try running a new temporary wire from the regulator to the dash light and another one from the dash light to the battery ground to see if it is not the regulator for certain. If your alternator is wonky, the new regulator would be sending you the same signal as the old regulator so I would be very suspicious of it.

If you want me to send you a pdf of the page send me a private message.

Dave M7040