JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #31  
All you have to do is compare PTO horsepowers in the specs, sorry you arent' willing to keep an open mind and look at equipment objectively!!

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #32  
The last time I saw the Nebraska tests there were a bunch of brands that were not included. I did not see Kioti or Mahindra. I don't think I saw Branson. My take on the Nebraska tests is that they are testing AG tractors not CUTs. That is probably another reason why some brands are not tested? But then again, most tractor manufacturers make utility tractors large enough for agricultural use.

In part, the article states: <font color="red"> The Nebraska law requires all tractors 40 hp and above sold in the state to have a permit confirming they were tested by a third party. </font>

If I read that correctly, would it be illegal to sell a 50hp Kubota or a 45hp Kioti or whatever in the state provided it has not be submitted for the test? And, a follow up, would it logically then be legal to sell a 35hp tractor of any brand regardless of if its big brother 40hp model was not tested.

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Credibility is in the truth!! Truth hurts somtimes boys!!

http://www.agweb.com/pub_get_article.asp?sigcat=farmjournal&pageid=103753&pubid=1&pubcontentsectionid=1&pubissueid=115

ITs 40 hp and up, not 100.

)</font>

Whats your point? The articles seem to support the popular opinion that the Nebraska test is largly pointless. Take a look at the results from their testing, sure does not mean too much to me.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Lab fees average $24,000 per tractor; the permit costs another $50. On top of that, the company has the expense of shipping the tractor and paying in-house engineers to be on site to coax out each machine’s best performance. Each test lasts at least a week.
)</font>

If found that interesting, right there is your answer as to why Kubota does not partisipate.

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #34  
Trying to be as unbiased as possible having just purchased an L3400 (delivery Monday), I can understand why Kubota does not participate in Nebraska testing. First off, it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for all of the models to be tested, just for the privledge to market directly in Nebraska. Secondly, Kubota enjoys tremendous success in all other states where there is no such requirement. Thirdly, as someone else pointed out, Nebraska is by and large an Ag market, which is not Kubota's strong suit anyways. In any event, Kubota must be doing something right to have such a loyal customer base, and the fact that they refuse to be subjected to a ridiculus (IMHO) permit requirement should in no way adversely affect the reputation of a company that has risen in the last 25 years to be JD's major competition in most market areas.

...Tony

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #35  
Hey that's funny. I was in the exact same boat. The Deere quotes I was getting were around $3000-$4000 more than the B7610 I was looking at. My only hold back was that I wanted position control. I too wish they had a B2410. Heck all the dealers around me only stock the B7""". When you ask them about the B2""" they always say the same thing. "It's basically the same tractor but with a better seat etc so we don't order them." Idiots.

So anyway the point of my post is that I wound up getting a New Holland TC24DA. I had a quote of $13700 for a B7610 w/loader and paid $15250 for my TC w/loader. Worth the $1500 difference in my book. Plus the 0% for 48 month financing on the TC24 made it a no brainer for my needs. I sure wanted the Kubota but after using the TC this weekend I think I made the right purchase. The TC is a brute.

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey that's funny. I was in the exact same boat. The Deere quotes I was getting were around $3000-$4000 more than the B7610 I was looking at. My only hold back was that I wanted position control. I too wish they had a B2410. Heck all the dealers around me only stock the B7""". When you ask them about the B2""" they always say the same thing. "It's basically the same tractor but with a better seat etc so we don't order them." Idiots.

So anyway the point of my post is that I wound up getting a New Holland TC24DA. I had a quote of $13700 for a B7610 w/loader and paid $15250 for my TC w/loader. Worth the $1500 difference in my book. Plus the 0% for 48 month financing on the TC24 made it a no brainer for my needs. I sure wanted the Kubota but after using the TC this weekend I think I made the right purchase. The TC is a brute. )</font>

I might end up going down the same path as you. I got almost the exact same quote for the B7610, and the JD4115 was about $4000 more. Your quote for the TC24DA looks in line with what others have posted. I've been planning on heading over to the local NH dealer the past week. Just haven't had time yet. Maybe he can also set me up with a better TnT setup than the Kubota dealer is offering.

What do you feel you are getting for your $1500 other than position control? Anything else that you think makes it better than the B7610? I actually like the lighter weight of the B7610. Less lawn damage and easier to trailer.

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #37  
There something to be said for both tractors in the B7610/JD4115 study. If you look at specs and compare, the B7610 looks almost as good and is much cheaper. The 4115 has a bunch of features that may or may not matter to the average user, position control, as discussed already, is just one of them. Check out how the loader is removed, or how the bucket is removed from the loader. The 4115 is direct injection, which costs more, but may not matter. It has a self bleeding fuel system, which doesn't matter at all as long as you don't run out of fuel. There are a number of these types of things that aren't obvious and JD dealers doen't make an effort to display the differences or even learn the differences -- their loss because the 7610 will win everytime unless you really do a detailed compare and that's hard when the two aren't sitting next to each other.

I like the 7610, but chose the 4110 over it because of my uses and preference for all those little features that add up to a more pleasant tractoring experience overall. To each his own, but don't think that the 4115 is just $4000 more profit for JD.

If you want a less expensive machine with basic features, you may want to look at some of the less expensive machines than the big 3. There are many manufacturers that make great tractors. Price/features/dealer/performance and of course how you fit on the machine -- the feel of it, all contribute.

There are reasons why some people buy the 7610 and others buy the 4115. Sometimes it's brand preference, but usually, people just value aspects of the purchase differently.

Cliff

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630 #38  
"but usually, people just value aspects of the purchase differently.

Cliff "

Seapea - listen to Cliff's great wisdom!

You are comparing two of the best brands available. Challenging brand quality is splitting hairs. You have already hinted that the lighter KB weight and smaller size are important features to YOU (I - my workplace- picked the the 4115 for exactly the opposite reasons, longer wheelbase, heavier, etc. for OUR preferences).

Over the years, and many tractor purchases, it always comes down to compromises. Seldom do you find the perfect tractor. I choose to adjust my work style to fit the tractor. Others try to force the tractor to meet their workstyle 100% - sometimes a futile attempt. Assuming, of course, that you are in the ballpark with either choice.

Regarding position control. How many acres do you plan to plow and disc? My KB B2150 lacks position control and the few times I do ground work with it , I enjoy the challenge of "right arm" position control(I assume you mean draft control?). So, reevaluate the priority of this feature.

Great dealer service is priceless. Down the road you WILL need parts and service.

Finally - if only we could combine tractor features. I love the ground clearance of the 7610 and those super easy adjustable rear wheels kick @ss.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide. My hunch is that orange is in your future.

/ JD 4115 vs. Kubota B2630
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "but usually, people just value aspects of the purchase differently.

Cliff "

Seapea - listen to Cliff's great wisdom!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You are comparing two of the best brands available. Challenging brand quality is splitting hairs. You have already hinted that the lighter KB weight and smaller size are important features to YOU (I - my workplace- picked the the 4115 for exactly the opposite reasons, longer wheelbase, heavier, etc. for OUR preferences).

Over the years, and many tractor purchases, it always comes down to compromises. Seldom do you find the perfect tractor. I choose to adjust my work style to fit the tractor. Others try to force the tractor to meet their workstyle 100% - sometimes a futile attempt. Assuming, of course, that you are in the ballpark with either choice. )</font>

I definitely agree about your quality point. For the 3 brands I'm looking at, I don't believe it matters and I should choose the tractor based on the specs/price/dealer combo that works best for me. I just really want to try to fully understand these 3 tractors as best as I can.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Regarding position control. How many acres do you plan to plow and disc? My KB B2150 lacks position control and the few times I do ground work with it , I enjoy the challenge of "right arm" position control(I assume you mean draft control?). So, reevaluate the priority of this feature. )</font>

I have a 1 acre field, plus about 3/4 acres around the house that needs to be graded, raked, and then seeded with winter rye. There's also about 1/2 acres already landscaped nicely (lawn, trees, scrubs, etc). It's all flat, except for a slight slope near a creek.

Around here, unless you irrigate, grass grows in the winter and dies in the summer (no rain from June until October). If you don't want the expense of a large lawn around your house, you put in a small one and just let the rest turn brown in the summer, so some of what I need to do is light grading and seeding of the 3/4 acre of unlandscaped yard around the house.

About half the 1 acre field is the septic leach field. It needs a lot of grading to fill in low spots where water sits, plus I want to smooth it out for easier mowing, and possibly turn part of it into a sports field.

As for the real need for position control, I want my job to be as easy as possible and am willing to pay extra to make it easier (within reason). I think position control will go a long way toward making grading easier for me, since my only tractor experiences so far has been two dismal attempts on rentals, at which time I didn't even know what position control was, nor how to use it. Now that I know what it is, I know it would have solved some of the problems I ran into.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Great dealer service is priceless. Down the road you WILL need parts and service.
)</font>

Yes, and this is an issue. The KB dealer is 65 miles away. There are two others about 30 and 35 miles away, but they won't play ball price wise. We're talkng a $2000 difference here.

The JD dealer is 30 miles away (near one of the Kubota dealers), but is only 1 mile from where I work, so I'm not concerned about the distance. However, the $4000 price increase is more than I'm willing to fork out at the moment, and he doesn't even have a 4115 in stock for me to try out.

Now I'm looking at the NH TC24DA. Based on the specs and the prices others are getting, it seems to hit my sweet spot, and the dealer is only about 8 miles away, which is great. I stopped by today but the salesman wasn't around, so I just looked around a bit. They had one TC24DA gear driven in stock (I want HST), and that was it for this frame size. No TC23 or 26. They had about 12 TC29DAs in stock (bigger than I want, but that seat sure was nice). Funny thing is that all of them had 50 to 150 hours. Seemed kind of strange. I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what he has to say.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Finally - if only we could combine tractor features. I love the ground clearance of the 7610 and those super easy adjustable rear wheels kick @ss.)</font>
Maybe we should have a "design your own tractor" contest. I'm sure no two of us would agree on everything. Did you ever see the Simpson's episode where Homer designs his own car?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Good luck! Let us know what you decide. My hunch is that orange is in your future. )</font>
I'm thinking it will by blue if things work out with the local dealer.

BTW, JD, KB, and NH all have 0% financing ending at the end of the month. I'm guessing it will be extended, but you never know for sure until after it is too late. Anyway, just one more thing I'm up against that make the whole search process a bit harder.