JD 4120 antifreeze leak

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak
Yes, I'm calling the shop in the morning to insure they quote any repairs. I'll post again when I have further details. Any other suggestions??

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #12  
Sounds like there is a real problem and alot of $$$$$ to repair the defect. Anyone know if they substitute a different cover ? Maybe it needs one with an o ring type seal. I just looked at a used 4120 and outside of being older than I wanted it looked in good condition. ( should have checked for wet spots onthe block ).
Rather than be faced with a two grand plus bill for a three dollar part repair I would get the repair manual and spread it out in the shop. The NH dealer threw in a full repair manual with my 55 purchase. I know they can be quite expensive.

I would ask for sure, cannot hurt. You getting a quote on the repair cost?

Just got a call back from the dealer. $1378 to repair, unless the timing cover is warped and needs replaced, if so, add $200. Called JD, no luck as figured. I've been very pleased with my '99/345 and '06/4120; however, it appears as though JD is ignoring the problem that exists. If this is happening to new 4x20's, then it must be a manufacturing issue and not the fact that mine is 6 yrs old with 650 hrs. Someone on here posted it happened to their 4720 with 170hrs. I'm not ready to jump ship and go to another color tractor yet, but if this kind of thing should happen again, I may consider it.

So the timing cover was the culprit and it has been repaired. Service tech at my dealer was most helpful and Deere came through to help cover cost. Initially quoted 1378, ended up being 403 my portion. Renewed my faith in the green tractor company. They are trying to sell me a 4720 with a cab, gonna demo next week. Any suggestions or opinions on the 2012 4720?

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #15  
I'm new here so may not get this right. I also have a coolant leak on my 4720. Seems like it was coming from the timing cover as well. I decided to wrench it myself. You have to take the front off including the axle. Also have to take the pan off. However as I learned later the engine does not need to come out of the tractor. John Deere service tech 3 different ones were not correct. (Had the engine out then realized the bottom two bolts will allow the pan to come loose. Engine back in now and timing cover off.) I get some sealant from Deere today and put it all back together this weekend. Will post a pic if I can figure out how to do this on my phone.