JD 4310 Broken lift link

/ JD 4310 Broken lift link #1  

disco

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 & JD 4020
Hi,
I have a 4310 that the the left side lifting link has broke a couple of times. I've welded it back together. Holds for a while. Well it's time for a new one. I looked up the part on the JD parts website. It is part # CE 18326. It says that the part is no longer available. Anyone have a thought on where I could get one.

Thanks Paul

/ JD 4310 Broken lift link #2  
Call, or preferably, go to a dealer and try to order one. Deere may not have one in their inventory, but a dealer (or dealer in the network) may have one.
Second option is to try a tractor salvage yard. The 4310 lower links are the same as the 4300, 4400 and 4410 (maybe the 4200 and 4210 too), so there should be some available.
Also, try eBay.

The newer 3x20 series machines appear to share a number of components with the older 4x00 and 4x10 series machines. You could also ask the dealer is the links are interchangeable...won't be cheap from the dealer though.

/ JD 4310 Broken lift link #3  
If you have a rear remote, I would guess that I can get you a hydraulic side link for about the same cost as a complete new manual unit from a dealer and mine don't break. ;)

/ JD 4310 Broken lift link
Thanks for the replies,
Well this is what I have done. I called the dealer when they opened that I get my parts from. What JD did was instead of being able to buy just the part I need you have to buy the whole assembly. $275.00 I passed. I did check a couple of junk yards. No luck. I really don't adjust it much so I will pass on the hydraulics. So I guess I will weld it into a fixed position. I will be able to make it much stronger than just welding the threaded part.

Thanks for the help,
Paul

/ JD 4310 Broken lift link #5  
Thanks for the replies,
Well this is what I have done. I called the dealer when they opened that I get my parts from. What JD did was instead of being able to buy just the part I need you have to buy the whole assembly. $275.00 I passed. I did check a couple of junk yards. No luck. I really don't adjust it much so I will pass on the hydraulics. So I guess I will weld it into a fixed position. I will be able to make it much stronger than just welding the threaded part.

Thanks for the help,
Paul

Mind I ask what you are doing that caused the initial/continued breakage?

/ JD 4310 Broken lift link #6  
Thanks for the replies,

Thanks for the help,
Paul

I would not adjust mine very much either if I had to manually adjust either the top link or side link. :eek: One of the BIG pluses with having those adjustments available with a touch of your finger is that when you need to make those adjustments, you do. When the adjustments are easily made, you tend to make them a lot more often than when you have to stop, get off the tractor and guess how much to adjust, get back on the tractor and hope that you made the adjustment properly or get back off again and go through the whole process again. OR you just make the adjustment to what it needs to be from the comfort of the tractor seat when you have hydraulic top and tilt links.