JD 4410 TLB for $4800 - deal or sham

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / JD 4410 TLB for $4800 - deal or sham #11  
As many have said, it is a scam. The details of the scam are simple, and the same MO is used for tractors, boats, cars, laptops and any other item that could be used to attract people looking for the best deal.

They advertise the product, with a different storyline, which has to have the following key components. A story that allows the item to be shipped, and payment made by means of an escrow service.

They ask for details in order to setup the escrow transaction, after which you get an email with a userid and password and instructions on how to lodge money with the escrow service.

They create either a completely fake escrow site, or a spoof of a well known site such as ebay, which allows you to log on and verify the escrow transaction, after which you pay by money order or paypal.
The money actually goes directly to their accounts, and you never hear from them again.

That is the fact. The rumour is that the scams are all the same group, and is being operated out of Rumania.

I followed up on one scam, just to see how it worked. My vocation is in a related field, so I could pick apart the details of the fake escrow services.

Anyway, just interesting background info, the real message here, is the age old one, If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

/ JD 4410 TLB for $4800 - deal or sham #12  
Did you send that response to eBay's fraud division? How about to the military IG too?

Status
Not open for further replies.