JD 4520 Oil Pressure

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #31  
Sorry to hear that - only other thing that i can think of to pull the oil through the screen up the pick up tube and to the filter housing is vacuum.
this is assuming that the pump just lost its prime, otherwise sounds like digging deeper will be required.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
Good thought. Will have to get the vacuum pump out.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
Tested with a 5 cfm vacuum pump. No resistance to suction.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #34  
Ohh- that doesn't sound good
if you are sure that you are pulling on the suction tube side of the filter housing going to the pump and oil pick up screen- it sounds as if the pick up tube has maybe cracked or become detached or possibly a non seated relief valve- something keeping the relief from sealing when no pressure is being built ??

if there is oil in the sump and there are no leaks in the oil path the vacuum should have built up and oil should have eventually been pulled up... unfortunately Sounds like a manual and some tear down are next.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
Read post #25
ken

Ken sorry I thought I replied. I did push air through the system and was able to hear bubbling in the oil pan, so that suggests the dip tube isn't a problem and there are no blockages in that section. I've since removed the top plug adjacent to the oil pump and no oil there either. The dealer printed me an exploded diagram and the oil pump isn't accessible from the pan. It's bolted to the front cover of the engine and is driven off of a planetary gear from the main shaft. Seems easier to pull that cover to check.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #37  
As a 5420N owner - I am waiting in anticipation to hear how this resolved!
Any Update?
:)