JD 4520 Oil Pressure

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
So the plan is to pull the oil pan tomorrow night. Any advice on that?

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #12  
I think you have to remove the front axle to get the oil pan off, so I would get it in a nice cozy spot with a nice concrete floor.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
Ouch. How do you move this thing if you can't start it? Is there a hydrostatic disengage?

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
Excellent. Is there an online repair manual resource?

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #16  
Excellent. Is there an online repair manual resource?

My 4520 has never gave a engine oil problem. And would recommend a repair book Purchased mine from John Deere.
In having to repair the 4whl. drive shifter shaft shoe. It was advised to use a stand that bolted to location of FEL attachment and this made it easier to work get the work done
But first do all checks before taking pan off.
J.D. had twice attempted to fix the problem also same time had the fuel tank level sender was failing.

The biggest problem is to get all the plastic wrap around the engine fuel tank and hiding the bolt location removed .
I found that keeping a Metric and American tool set close at hand since they interchange the sizes .ie. Hood was American the instrument housing was metric and fuel tank again American bolts.
and more wiring than a computer with sensor going to wiring loom

I am interested what you find and remove oil filter to check for the oil flow. should be location for pressure gage there.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
My 4520 has never gave a engine oil problem. And would recommend a repair book Purchased mine from John Deere.
In having to repair the 4whl. drive shifter shaft shoe. It was advised to use a stand that bolted to location of FEL attachment and this made it easier to work get the work done
But first do all checks before taking pan off.
J.D. had twice attempted to fix the problem also same time had the fuel tank level sender was failing.

The biggest problem is to get all the plastic wrap around the engine fuel tank and hiding the bolt location removed .
I found that keeping a Metric and American tool set close at hand since they interchange the sizes .ie. Hood was American the instrument housing was metric and fuel tank again American bolts.
and more wiring than a computer with sensor going to wiring loom

I am interested what you find and remove oil filter to check for the oil flow. should be location for pressure gage there.

Thanks for the tips. I'd really like to take the oil filter off and see if oil pumps out of there, but i'd rather not actually start the tractor up. Is there a way to turn the engine over without it starting?

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #18  
Your second picture of the sensor appears to be the "water temp" senor.
I'm not familiar with JD, but it does look like a rad hose near that sensor.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure
Your second picture of the sensor appears to be the "water temp" senor.
I'm not familiar with JD, but it does look like a rad hose near that sensor.

Yeah I thought that too, but it is a pressure sensor, and there is oil in it.

/ JD 4520 Oil Pressure #20  
Thanks for the tips. I'd really like to take the oil filter off and see if oil pumps out of there, but i'd rather not actually start the tractor up. Is there a way to turn the engine over without it starting?

No fuel will not run remove fuel line to pump or clamp shut with channel lock type pliers.
Not going to run long enough to damage pump.
then bleed fuel line after determine if oil or not .

blinking light shows low oil but must have some flow.