JD 469 Baler Question

/ JD 469 Baler Question #1  

Green1340

Tractor
JD5083E/ JD210C/ Zetor 10111/ Mahindra 5010/ Ford 1710
I am seriously thinking about purchasing this baler on Monday. I had some concerns with the looks of the chains and sprockets. Have attached a link below. Are these sprockets and chains indicative of a baler with 4500 bales put through it? Are the sprockets close to needing to be replaced? Thanks for your input.

Greenhaw

Used Equipment - Used Equipment - Used Equipment - AG-POWER

/ JD 469 Baler Question #2  
From the two pictures showing the chains and sprockets, I would say that the sprockets might be ok, but the chain looks to be stretched and worn. Probably get by for now with just new chains. If you kept running it that way, then the sprockets would wear faster.

/ JD 469 Baler Question
Thanks for the response Bigfoot; I was wanting another set of eyes to confirm. Two of the chains are quite stretched and need replacing now. Previous owner appears to be one with the school of thought of no oil on the chains is the better approach.

/ JD 469 Baler Question #4  
Ditto what Bigfoot62 stated. It also appears that former operator didn't lube chains very regular. My 467 is at 24,200+ bales on original sprockets but has had chains replaced.

/ JD 469 Baler Question #5  
When I bought the current JD 375, the rub block was pretty well worn and seemed the main drive chain seemed to have reasonable slack (and then some), whatever that is. I had a sprocket I hadn't used and rigged it up on a length of all thread up at the top on the back side (return side) of the chain doing my tensioning there. Has worked really well over the years. I am meticulous in my chain lubing. Best lube I have found comes from a couple of brothers in California, forget the name but it's in a light olive drab aerosol. Comes out as a foam and really sticks.