JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #1  

tlb224

Tractor
I'm new to this site and tractors, looking for help on a 4720 I recently bought. Its a 2007 with 800 hours on it. It works great around the field. I was taking it to another farm down the street and noticed it only got up to 7mph... slowest 3 miles of my life.

I made sure I was in C (although I got up to about 6 mph in B) and that the cruise control is off. I have a JD dealer 1/2 mile down the road but want to see if there is something that I'm missing.

One thing I noticed on the dash is that there's an image in the orance light with a tractor and an arrow below it, pointing to the left. THought this may have something to do with cruise but when that is on, another light comes on in green.

I have cruise and load match, all are off.

I had every fluid/filter changed when I bought it in December by JD.

Thanks in advance do any help.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #2  
The light you describe is the 4wd. Not good to drive on the road in 4wd but doesn't explain the speed. What were the engine rpms? I assume it's ehydro. Did you just floor the pedal or ease into it until it got up to speed. Were there any hills?

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #3  
Could the orange light be the four wheel drive is engaged? I could be wrong but I was thinking the cruise control was green in color.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #4  
One more. Was the load match on?

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #5  
One more. Was the e brake on?

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #8  
Something is wrong with your machine.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #9  
Was the tractor cold? I realize the 4720 has more power than the 4120, but the 4120 will hardly get out of its own way in C range, especially if the oil is not up to temp. Doesn't take much load or incline to slow the tractor down to 8 mph especially if you keep the pedal mashed instead of letting it up some to keep the rpms up.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should
It's not in 4wd, that's another light with the loop around the front tire light.

no hills. I ease into the forward pedal, ebrake is off and it was warm. besides going down a hill, I've never been able to get it into the double digit speeds.

Sounds like I need to get it to the shop... no error codes.