Buying Advice JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #41  
I wouldn't expect the owner of a new cabbed Kubota to have any regrets about not going green on the day his new tractor is delivered. They are, after all, both very competitive machines. It is how you feel about your purchase five and ten years out that would be the better question.
One thing I learned the other day while using my JD5045E with it's 553 loader. It will raise the bucket while curling it at the same time. I just hadn't needed to before and hadn't tried to do that. It would be a trick getting the third function which is a separate lever on the same side as the joystick open at the same time but I don't see much need to be able to open or close a bale hand or grapple while your raising the loader arms.

Please don't take this as me being condescending, no more condescending than your comments about the OP and his new orange tractor.

If you just now had a need to raise the bucket and curl it at the same time, where your 3rd function lever is located doesn't matter. You'll be way down the road before you elevate your use to that point.

For me I want my 3rd function electronic on the joystick knob. With my Grapple I use 3 functions at once very, very, very frequently. Lift and curl simultaneously almost every time the loader arms move. :)

If it ever warms up I'll shoot a short video and post it of Grapple use.

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #43  
Please don't take this as me being condescending, no more condescending than your comments about the OP and his new orange tractor. If you just now had a need to raise the bucket and curl it at the same time, where your 3rd function lever is located doesn't matter. You'll be way down the road before you elevate your use to that point. For me I want my 3rd function electronic on the joystick knob. With my Grapple I use 3 functions at once very, very, very frequently. Lift and curl simultaneously almost every time the loader arms move. :) If it ever warms up I'll shoot a short video and post it of Grapple use.

I agree, I lift and curl or lower and uncurl (uncurl????) almost every time I'm on the tractor. If I had a grapple I would definitely want to be able to use that function at the same time as my other loader functions.

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #44  
:D When it comes to the Green vs. Orange wars I concede nothing!!!
About the loader controls: being able to level the bucket as it rises with a load of loose material while it is in motion is certainly an advantage. I just haven't had much of that type of work to do with my tractor in the year and a half I've owned it. And you operators that have a grapple certainly know more about how to use one then I who have never loaded out a brush pile with one. Can you give me an example of when you would want to squeeze a grab full more or less tightly while you were raising or lowering it. I can see that you would want to open the grapple just as you dump the bucket if not a bit before but I can't visualize why you would need to close the jaws until it was fully into the pile you were after or want to let go of it until you were ready to drop it.

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #45  
What is that tank behind your tractor ?

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #46  

For me I want my 3rd function electronic on the joystick knob. With my Grapple I use 3 functions at once very, very, very frequently. Lift and curl simultaneously almost every time the loader arms move. :)

I'm sure that is nice and I see that it is pretty common on high end tractors ( all colors) but regrettably I'm on a modest budget and had to settle for function over ease and speed.

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #47  
What is that tank behind your tractor ?
Nope . As you can see there is no gun turret.:thumbdown: But I am thinking about adding gun rack under the canopy I've added to it so I can combine a walkabout on the back forty with a trip up to fetch a log.

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #48  
vtsnowedin;3566654 Can you give me an example of when you would want to squeeze a grab full more or less tightly while you were raising or lowering it. I can see that you would want to open the grapple just as you dump the bucket if not a bit before but I can't visualize why you would need to close the jaws until it was fully into the pile you were after or want to let go of it until you were ready to drop it.[/QUOTE said:
Last night I was thinking about shooting a video. The first example of use that came to mind would be picking up a hedge fence post, or pole of some kind, or maybe a small log. I'll try to explain how I do that.

I open the Grapple and roll the bucket forward so the tooth edge of the bucket and the tips of the Grapple claws touch the ground at the same time. I then set the Grapple down on the ground with those two points straddling the object. Then I push the button to close the Grapple and hold it. Then I curl and lower the Grapple at the same time. I end up with the object gripped against the bucket teeth by the constantly tightening Grapple claws. Any slack of that grip that comes from curling and lowering/lifting the bucket is immediately eliminated because I've got constantly closing/changing pressure against the object by the claws. Make sense?

Here's a couple pics for clarity. Sorry I don't have better ones.

If picking up loose material it is even more effective.

I do all of that without removing my hand from the joystick lever. "Open/close" function is ran by two buttons located of the left side of the joystick knob with my thumb.

/ JD 5075E vs Kubota 7060 both with cabs #50  
Ovrszd, while everything that you say is true, just so that others do not get the wrong idea, all of these things can be accomplished with a diverter valve setup without ever taking your hand off of the joystick or even using a rear remote. It may not be as convenient, but most definitely doable. ;)

If you have a chance, it would be interesting (for me anyway) to see a video of just what speed all 3 functions operate at when operated at the same time at whatever RPM it is that you normally work at. :cool: Just empty, nothing in the loader, just the motions. Actually thinking about it, it would be cool to time, just the lift cycle, then the lift and curl cycles and then all 3 functions at once. That would give everyone a true sense of just how much each function affects the other. ;)