JD 5103 wont start unless you turn the key off and back on quickly. Help

/ JD 5103 wont start unless you turn the key off and back on quickly. Help
Thanks to everyone for the info. Once it warms up a little I will get out there and start looking. JD5210 thanks for the diagram and Dave for explaining it even further. Luck would have it my dad is an electrician and has passed on a world if info and tools so I have all you suggested + the old man can help if I get to a point I need advice or get stuck. I will let you guys know once the problem has been found(might be a while since I don't have to use that tractor til spring. :)

/ JD 5103 wont start unless you turn the key off and back on quickly. Help #12  
Thanks to everyone for the info. Once it warms up a little I will get out there and start looking.(might be a while since I don't have to use that tractor til spring. :)
That make's you the envy of those farther North who are out there plowing this week.:snowman::frosty::snowman:

/ JD 5103 wont start unless you turn the key off and back on quickly. Help #13  
Suggest you check out selectmanuals.com you can get the tech manual for $29.95. It will show you were those relays and diode are located.

/ JD 5103 wont start unless you turn the key off and back on quickly. Help #14  
Found this today,having problems with electrical,seems to be a bad connection at switch or safety.Is that service manual still the one to get?

/ JD 5103 wont start unless you turn the key off and back on quickly. Help #15  
the multi-position barrel switch isn't in its correct position. Your quick "On-Off-On = Start" is re-positioning/aligning the contacts for proper ignition.