JD 513 eating sheer bolts

/ JD 513 eating sheer bolts #21  
For $80 I hope you're on the way ! Much better setup !
Sorry all Dealers aren't the same, I can't believe the stories I read here, my boss would be putting some folks on the road for the crap I read here. If I can get you a DTAC case report
late at night and in about two minutes, I would hope your "selling" dealer could do the same during working hours.
As always, VOTE WITH YOUR BUCKS, & spend them were you are welcome! Hope it works out for you.

/ JD 513 eating sheer bolts
Thanks again, joecdeere.

Since the 513 is at my property over an hour away, I was going to make a run out this evening and make the swap tomorrow morning. I called the "other" dealer before going out, so I'd know what time they open in the morning. He told me I didn't need to make the extra trip, just come on in and get this one and bring the sheer pin driveline back "next time you're in the area". I went over to his place and he handed me the slip-clutch driveline and said to take it, and if it works, come back at my convenience and pay him then! If not, just drop it back by! He didn't even ask my name, phone number or anything. He did remember my stopping in when I was shopping for a tractor, but still!!! This gentleman has been in business for a very long time. Now I know why! I apoligized for not having bought my tractor from him. He said he does the same thing when shopping for a car. If he finds a better deal elsewhere, he buys it there. Once again, he said he'd take care of any of my service needs, even in warranty.

/ JD 513 eating sheer bolts #23  
Brent, sounds like you've found a fantastic dealer! Quite refreshing to hear some people/businesses still operate on the principles of good, honest customer service. I bet you buy your next tractor from him /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

BTW, do you or any of the others know if the problem is with the cutter, tractor or combination of both? I've got the 513 cutter with shear bolt protection and I'm curious about it /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD 513 eating sheer bolts
Rob,

Check about four posts up. joecdeere posted the information from JD pertaining to this known problem. Not only is it refreshing to find a dealer like the one I should have bought from, it's refreshing to know there are so many people such as joecdeere and all the others willing to take time out of their busy lives to help provide information on this forum. Without this, many of us would be in the dark and at the mercy of the dealer we bought from, assuming they are doing all they can to help resolve problems. Unfortunately, with this help, we find that isn't always the truth.