JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #11  
Do I understand that all these tractors are 4wd. That makes a huge difference in prices.
Eric

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #12  
I vote for blue. I have a TN70D. Very fine machines and great dealer support.
Better than orange or blue in my opinion.

Fred

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #13  
John, NH derated the TN 65 to fill the hp void left from the 3930. They were originally going to have the 65 rated for 50-52 pto hp but that left a 10hp gap in the line and the 3930 was a 45pto hp machine. So NH used the TN 65 to fill the 3930's spot. That is why everyone who has a 65 is so happy with them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Basicly a free extra 5 hp

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #14  
Paul, Knowing that you have to look at so many factors when purchasing a new tractor, it's not fair to compare pricing on new versus used. It does sound to me that the NH is the best deal albeit a used machine. Since you are looking at the major brands, I recommend to go with your favorite dealer in your area.

Our family has a JD 5420 MFWD with the bigger FEL, PowerReverser, and isolated workstation. We were looking at a new 5320 and the 5420 came up used at our dealer. 200 hours on it and we saved about 3 to 4 thousand over new price quoted us. The man traded it in to get a cab model.

The PowerReverser takes a little time to get used to. (At 1st, I kept pushing in the clutch pedal instinctively) But now I find it invaluable for FEL work. It is a work horse. No problems.

Good luck with your search...Kyle

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65
thanks for all the input everyone. the tractors are all 2wd. have never had a 4wd and seem to do ok...honestly not sure the difference it would make. i can see where it might help when i chisel plow and when turning sharp at the bottom of a hill. guess i'm used to just dealing with it, maybe i should take advantage of some of these solutions. 4wd adds anywhere from 3-5.5k depending on maker. i did like the TN65 a great deal, dealer said they take 1-1.5 off the price of a lease return, so even the new one seems priced well. i'm releaved to hear about the pto hp on the NH really being higher, my current tractor overheats after about a half acre with my tiller, but i am pushing it since my tractor pto is rated @ 47hp. the M5700 price may be for 4wd, that's what we discussed but it's not in writing on the offer he gave, will have to clarify. one other question, any thoughts on parts pricing? JD parts tend to be high, are NH about the same?
thanks again, it's great to hear from folks who have experience with these tractors.
paul

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #16  
<font color="blue">( the tractors are all 2wd. have never had a 4wd and seem to do ok...honestly not sure the difference it would make. ) </font>

Ahhhhhhhhh... Let's start over... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

First... what area of the country are you in?

Normally, when you "upgrade"... you either go from 2-wd to MFWD or go up a sizeable jump in horsepower... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've reread your posts... but possibly I missed something... exactly what did you wish to accomplish in this "potential upgrade" you're considering... as I don't really see any upgrade at all... other than buying basically the same 2-wd tractor that's about 30 years newer... and spending ~~$20,000 to get there... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

So, I guess I'm asking... What do you expect to gain...? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #17  
I thought those prices seemed a little to good to be 4wd. They are all good tractors. The price I got when I was looking for a TN65 2wd was about 16.5K without a loader and with 2 remotes. The trouble is none of the dealers around here had any 2wd. In fact one dealer told me he wouldn't ever take another 2wd in trade under 200hp. They just don't sell around here. I didn't think I needed 4wd either but I was determined to get a tractor with maximum flexibility and capabilities. Did I need it, no, am I glad I have it, yes. It's probably worth the extra dollars each month especially if you’re getting a FEL. Certainly resale will be better.

I liked the TN's. They have a nice loader and operator station. Ultimately my dealer sold me a Kubota M9000 for a couple thousand less than a TN75 and John Deere didn't treat me seriously at all. I should have dealt with them a little longer because I really like their tractors but when they tried to push a used (250hr) 50hp tractor on me for 4 1/2 thousand more than the 90hp Kubota across the street it kind of turned me off. But that’s just my local dealerships. Others have had great luck.

Get a skid steer style quick attach on your loader.

One last thing. Like so many of these other tractor owners I am really happy with the M9000 quiet performance.

Attachments

• 302998-Cows&Farm M9000.jpg
    302998-Cows&Farm M9000.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 205
   / JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #18  
If you are interested in selling the JD 2020 with the loader let me know. I don't know where you are because the profile is not filled out. I have a 2020 that I use on my deer land and am looking for a loader for it. I may be willing to buy the loader or the whole rig and seperate later.

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65
well, very logical question. new strikes me as an upgrade...my tractor is a bit ragged and runs well when it runs. so the first thing would be reliability. and now that i'm getting all this great input, i'm rethinking things and it really does seem crazy not to go for a 4wd, seeing i don't by a tractor everyday. i'm in virginia and as i think back, there have been more than a few times 4wd probably would have been nice to have. i'll pobably enjoy the 21st century.
paul

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #20  
Well Paul,

Those prices you've been quoted would be MFWD in our area... I imagine the Kubota has to be MFWD or be darn expensive 2-wd... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

What are your prepared to spend maximum for your next tractor including loader? Let's get a base we can work from... we will use your JD as a trade or sell outright later, but for now, decide on the amount of $$$ you can afford and if you will take advantage of cheap mfr. financing... (that can help you tremendously if worked right...) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif