JD 5603 suddenly won't move

/ JD 5603 suddenly won't move
Probably be cheaper if it was hauled to the dealers straight away and not let the technician fiddle around for four hours doing nothing. Hope your neighbors tractor gets fixed.

I agree sometimes it's better to take to dealership especially from my point of view as a retired JD dealer service manager. I hope he get's it repaired so he'll stop bugging me about a tractor I know very little about.

Check the clutch pedal switch and sensor. Sounds like computer thinks clutch pedal is depressed.

Surely the JD tech checked the switches but I'll notify tractor owner. Thanks,Jim

/ JD 5603 suddenly won't move #14  
I had the same thing happen to my 4520 cab tractor. I had been out mowing most of the morning. I put it in the barn while I grabbed some lunch. Came out and it would not start. Not turn over, nothing. Ended up being the computer. It was under warranty but I was more pissed about the loss in production that day. Oh well - it got done anyway = just unwanted.

D.

/ JD 5603 suddenly won't move #15  
... tractor won't move ... neutral light on dash goes off ...

Old thread resurrected lol

What was wrong with your neighbors tractor ?

Center hub of traction clutch stripped out. Tractor required new clutch assembly installed.

/ JD 5603 suddenly won't move #17  
Sounds EXPENSIVE.
Mine pulls fine WHEN lights don't flash.

/ JD 5603 suddenly won't move #18  
Center hub of traction clutch stripped out. Tractor required new clutch assembly installed.
That is a pretty weird breakdown! Work in' fine.. No noise, no slipping, no sudden stop and engine windup...

Would have never guessed the clutch blew!

That is a pretty weird breakdown! Work in' fine.. No noise, no slipping, no sudden stop and engine windup...

Would have never guessed the clutch blew!

I agree but this particular tractor gets several different daily operators. It also has unloaded/loaded many,many rd bales.