Backhoe JD #7 Backhoe Controls

/ JD #7 Backhoe Controls #1  

EdMaine

I have a JD #7 backhoe on a JD 755. The conrol valves are leaking excessive hydraulic fluid from, I believe, the spool area of the controls. I am wondering if this is a repair job for an amateur such as myself? Are any special tools needed? Are there rebuild kits? Can you trade in controls for a completely rebuilt control set? Thanks for any help. ...Ed

/ JD #7 Backhoe Controls #2  
I think it can be done, I've never rebuilt the spool valve assembly but I have had some of the ports open. It's mostly o-rings that are easily changed but you have too be careful of the ball bearings in the ports. Some are spring loaded and most have a cup they set in. Have you checked to see if the fittings are just loose? By the way, where are you located in Maine.

David

/ JD #7 Backhoe Controls
Thanks for the info. I am in Newport, Maine. I did tighten all parts without success. I bought the backhoe in 1988 and have worked it hard. I quess I am overdue for repairs. I am still debating if I want to tackle this repair.

/ JD #7 Backhoe Controls #4  
When in doubt, have a pro look at it. I would get an estimate first. After the JD dealer I would try PRC hydraulics in Bangor on the Perry rd.

David