JD 7000 planter marker valve

/ JD 7000 planter marker valve #1  

CraigM

Silver Member
Tractor
B2150HSD, JD3020
I'm converting an old 12 row JD planter to an 11 row splitter. Want to use the old marker arm control valve on the new planter. Does anyone have a schematic diagram of this valve?

/ JD 7000 planter marker valve #2  
I'm not familiar with the planter, but old school systems just use a sequencing valve. Newer planters sometimes use electrical solenoids. Might help if you posted a picture. ISZ

/ JD 7000 planter marker valve #4  
I'm having trouble finding much information on this valve though I have found out that it controls the frame raise/lower, marker raise/lower and fold functions. Honestly if you just want to run the markers you would be much better off just getting a sequencing valve.

If you want to keep the full functionality of this valve it would help to get good pictures of the decals on the cover. I'm trying to work out where the hoses go between your pics and the parts manual, but the decals are easier to follow. Also look for identifying marks by the solenoids. (You can take the nut off the top to remove the coils without pulling the valves)

ISZ

/ JD 7000 planter marker valve
Ice:

I will get pictures of the decals and other markings for you. I haven't been able to make much use of them. They tell me things like 'right marker piston side'. That sounds really useful, except that I have no idea where the supplies and returns are, and which solenoid connects anything to anything else. I have spent time with the online parts catalog also, trying to decipher it, but have not been able to. Probably the worst part of trying to decipher it from the online diagrams is that part or all of this valve was supplied by some sort of master cylinder under the planter frame. It is a maybe 18" long, 6" bore with the piston in the middle and a rod out each end. The tractor supplied pressure to one side of this gizmo ( I think) and somehow, the exhaust from the other side worked some of the functions, but I don't know which.

We have the control box that activates the fold and up/down that you mentioned, but the wiring was mostly gone, so there was no way to decode it by following wires. The hydraulics had been pretty well butchered too, so couldn't tell much by following hoses. I never did figure out just what component the tractor actually supplied.

My understanding is that one tractor remote operated both the raise/lower and the fold. The control box and solenoid valves did this so that one remote could handle two functions. The other remote operated the markers, using the solenoid valves to do the sequencing and also give manual control. I think there may have been a switch that sensed then the planter raised and lowered to trigger the markers.

My planter won't need to fold. The frame up/down will be directly to the tractor remote. The other remote has to operate markers using this valve to move cylinders and some electronics for the sequencing. The electronics may be just a switch at first. I also want to be able to independently/manually operate the markers, so a sequencing valve may not be the best choice. I know next to nothing about sequencing valves.

I'll post pictures tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

/ JD 7000 planter marker valve
Here are pictures of all the markings. Sorry about some being upside down. Closing the cover would have hidden the valves...didn't know which was worse. Notice the reference to master cylinder on the inside of the cover. That's the funky 2 sided cylinder. Notice that there are valves marked piston side for both markers, but no rod side. Can you make any sense of it all?

Took the coil of the one valve. No markings underneath. I assume that the thing sticking up inside the coil is a brass tube containing the valve spool and a spring?