JD 757 ZTRAK whine problem

/ JD 757 ZTRAK whine problem #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
At work we have one of these beasts and it was brought into the shop for service.. mechanic came in and asked me to look at it as he was stumpe don an issue... don't know why he asked me to look at it.. In any case.. here's what i saw.

Running with arms centered.. sounds good.. tourning one way makes some whine.. turning the other way.. not so much.. If you don't center the arms perfectly.. it creeps a little bit.. touching the arms a bit stops it. Looking under the seat i see filter has been bypassed... mechanic said someone on the job did that after they felt it was loosing power a bit.. ( SWEET! ).. also the fan and shroud that cover the pump and valve pody is missing / chewed off...

At this point.. i'm trying to hunt up some info on it .. but at least so far this is my thinking..

1, the filter needs to be put back into the system..

2, the fan and shroud need replacint

3, perhaps a pressure test on the pump

4, check into what seals and orings the thing uses, and some of the valves may be bypassing..

( perhaps that may be aprt of the whine? )

any ideas?

soundguy

/ JD 757 ZTRAK whine problem #2  
possible bad o-ring(s), My dads JD 2640 had a whine in the steering turned out all the o-rings were flat in the steering column.