JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements
When did Punkin Center get a suburb named Donut Center? :rolleyes:

I looked into a 72" MMM for my 4200 years ago, and after watching the JD video I got when I bought my tractor on how to install and remove a MMM, I said the heck with having one. It looked like too much hassle. The mower's price factored into it also.

From Punkin Center, you can sorta see the middle of nowhere. In Donut Center, we ARE the middle of nowhere. And aim at a-keepin' it thataway.

Seriously, if you're familiar with this part of Colorado, you could draw a line on a map from Kiowa to Calhan; we'd be right on that line, about halfway between those two towns.

BTW, the name "Donut Center" actually came from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.....

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements #12  
I have all those pieces but they're for a 4400. The manual indicates the mower will work on the 4000 series tractors but I'm thinking that the 790 tractor is the same size....maybe the same chassis?? I not familiar with the 770.

My rig includes mounting brackets, the shaft and a hydraulic lift cylinder. I added an optional hydraulic control lever to control the lift. Send me your email and i'll send some pictures.

Let me look into it. In the meantime, be thinking about what you need for it. I'd need everything; the mower, the shaft, the mount/lift linkages, etc.

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements #13  
From Punkin Center, you can sorta see the middle of nowhere. In Donut Center, we ARE the middle of nowhere. And aim at a-keepin' it thataway.

Seriously, if you're familiar with this part of Colorado, you could draw a line on a map from Kiowa to Calhan; we'd be right on that line, about halfway between those two towns.

BTW, the name "Donut Center" actually came from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.....

I had a feeling you were in that part of Colorado. I just remember Punkin Center as a wide spot in the road.

I love Looney Tunes and have all six 4-DVD volumes of them. I just don't recall 'Donut Center' being in the Bugs Bunny toons. Now I guess you've given me a reason to watch them again.

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements #14  
I think this is what you are looking for, I would check your JD dealers for used MMM's. I love this setup for mowing my couple acres, very stable and a nice clean cut.

IMG_0454.jpg

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements #15  
I think this is what you are looking for, I would check your JD dealers for used MMM's. I love this setup for mowing my couple acres, very stable and a nice clean cut.

IMG_0454.jpg

That's a nice old 670!!

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements #17  
Thank you kindly Mr. Jackson. I find it gets the job done and uses very little fuel.

It looks like my old 670 with better paint. I didn't have a Mid-Mount Mower (used a 60" Befco RFM that came with the tractor) and my tires were bar-turfs.
But yes, those 670's do a great job and use very little fuel!
I could operate a 60" rotary cutter behind that tractor. First time I cleared a 3 acre field, the brush was at least as tall as the cowl and some taller then the ROPS. I was really impressed with the way that little tractor went through that brush.

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements
I have all those pieces but they're for a 4400. The manual indicates the mower will work on the 4000 series tractors but I'm thinking that the 790 tractor is the same size....maybe the same chassis?? I not familiar with the 770.

My rig includes mounting brackets, the shaft and a hydraulic lift cylinder. I added an optional hydraulic control lever to control the lift. Send me your email and i'll send some pictures.

dklistul - at - myawai - dot - com

Thanks.

I had a feeling you were in that part of Colorado. I just remember Punkin Center as a wide spot in the road.

I love Looney Tunes and have all six 4-DVD volumes of them. I just don't recall 'Donut Center' being in the Bugs Bunny toons. Now I guess you've given me a reason to watch them again.

It was, if I recall, in one of the "Westerns". Located on a banner hanging above the street into town, proclaiming, "DONUT CENTER (what a hole)".

IMG_0454.jpg

That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to achieve. What model is your mower? All I can find reference to is a "60-inch Mid Mount Mower". I also found something about a model 160 mower and a model 261 mower. Sure would like to know what your mower deck is called!

Here's mine dressed up with its winter coat on, ready to move the snow when it arrives.

PA261505.jpg

/ JD 770 Mid PTO and Related Implements #20  
dklistul - at - myawai - dot - com

That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to achieve. What model is your mower?
The Model on the plate just says John Deere 60" Gear Mower. I saw the exact same one for sale at my dealership, it was on a used 670. the name of the dealer is Bridgeport Eqt. of Marietta ohio.

Heres mine pulling winter duty.
IMG_4467.jpg

Last edited: