JD 7800 batterie drain

/ JD 7800 batterie drain #11  
some older euro vehicles used to be Positive ground , most have converted to the negative as we have.

most cars over here have power from the positive to a fuse then a switch then thru the item then to ground .....

Europe goes positive , then fuse , then item, then switch then ground ... ( breaking the ground as opposed to breaking the positive in North America )

either one works well and is safe ( as some of the early tractors over here used to be positive ground ) ....

the safety factor is to reduce the likely hood of sparks near the battery and any explosive gasses .... hence the reason to connect the final "jumper" negative connection to the engine block , away from the battery in case it explodes ....

disconnecting/connecting either at the battery may still create a spark .....

follow the best safety practices as possible and enjoy life ... in this case , both would work fine.

BTW Source and Drain actually show the proper flow direction of electrons ( neg to pos )

we over here think they run from POS to NEG ( in reality it doesn't matter unless you are designing circuits )
:thumbsup:

/ JD 7800 batterie drain #12  
Just for clarification JD 7800 battery cable that attaches to starter is positive and cable to frame is negative.
parts key 1 RE34431 Battery Cable 1 X X X (A) (-)
RE39617 Battery Cable 1 X (B) (-)

parts key 5 RE34430 Battery Cable 1 X X X (A) (+)
RE48982 Battery Cable 1 X (B) (+)

Attachments

• RE029831_______UN04AUG98.gif
    RE029831_______UN04AUG98.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 129
   / JD 7800 batterie drain
Thank you, thank you, thank you-----Tx Jim Joatguy and Boggen !!

Finally got some time, so I put a light about the size of a license plate bulb between the ground post and ground and it barely glowed, so went to a smaller
dashlight buld which lit up pretty good.
Started pulling fuses and got to the one that said seat. This tractor has a warning on the dash if you get out of the seat when the PTO
in engaged. So I unhooked the little double wire going to the seat pad, plugged the fuse back in, that didn't change anything. This seat
also has many wires going to the air pump and bag in the bottom of the seat. Then I removed the fuse, hooked up the battery cables
and started the tractor. Everything seems to work just fine without the fuse and no battery drain. Sib

/ JD 7800 batterie drain #14  
Thank you, thank you, thank you-----Tx Jim Joatguy and Boggen !!

Finally got some time, so I put a light about the size of a license plate bulb between the ground post and ground and it barely glowed, so went to a smaller
dashlight buld which lit up pretty good.
Started pulling fuses and got to the one that said seat. This tractor has a warning on the dash if you get out of the seat when the PTO
in engaged. So I unhooked the little double wire going to the seat pad, plugged the fuse back in, that didn't change anything. This seat
also has many wires going to the air pump and bag in the bottom of the seat. Then I removed the fuse, hooked up the battery cables
and started the tractor. Everything seems to work just fine without the fuse and no battery drain. Sib

Thanks for posting your results, so many times we never hear what was found or how you found the issue.