JD 790 vs TC30

/ JD 790 vs TC30 #1  

Equine

Well it was a tough decision today, I had the Deere credit lined up and the 790 tractor quote in hand this morning, when I decided to take one more look at the NH TC30 w/7308 FEL. I discovered several more things about the TC30 operator position that I really liked. The Deere dealer was not willing to wiggle on price, but during a previous visit to the NH dealer, he made it clear he would be willing to talk if the deal was close. Today the NH dealer made the sale, it was a pleasure, something I don't often say about salesmen. Now all I have to do is wait till it's delivered tomorrow......somehow I think I will be watching a lot of late night TV tonight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD 790 vs TC30 #2  
As many other fine folks around here have said before, having a good dealer relationship is just as important as getting a good piece of equipment.

Congrats on your purchase, and be sure to post some pics when it arrives. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ JD 790 vs TC30 #3  
I had the same problem with my JD dealer. He thought his 790s were painted with gold. He would not move off retail even after I sat down with him and offered to purchase several options. I went to my NH dealer and he was easy to deal with. I have no regrets purchasing my TC 30. No offense to the JD people, I guess all dealers vary.

/ JD 790 vs TC30 #4  
I looked at the 790 and TC 30....

Both are great machines....

But I went for the 790 as a more proven design (going back to the 1980's) as well as a more robust front axle design.

However, the TC 30 does have an option for a hydro transmission, if that's what you want.

/ JD 790 vs TC30
The TC30 was delivered this afternoon and I feel like a 17 yr old again. The tractor handles like a dream, I might just have to take off work early tomorrow and fix a few more potholes in the road out front ! Parked it in the garage tonight, left the truck parked outside ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think this weekend's honey-do list is going to have alot of outside activity on it. Will try to post a few pics by this weekend - Steve

/ JD 790 vs TC30
Here is the new TC30

Attachments

• 564452-IMG_2367b.jpg
    564452-IMG_2367b.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 326
   / JD 790 vs TC30 #7  
Sure looks pretty, but it looks like it needs some dirt added.

/ JD 790 vs TC30 #8  
Great decision & excellent looking machine. With the money saved you can buy an implement or two......or three.

Enjoy & Stay Safe.

/ JD 790 vs TC30 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
But I went for the 790 as a more proven design (going back to the 1980's) as well as a more robust front axle design.)</font>

Isn't the TC30 basically the same thing as the NH 1720? That's been around in one form or another for quite a while.

I can't comment on the front axle design, and I don't have the specs for a 790 sitting in front of me, but isn't the weight rating of the loaders as installed on these two machines similar? The TC30 is 875#. I seem to recall the JD 790 was in that same range. Isn't loader use the main concern as far as front axle strength goes?

John Mc