JD 790

/ JD 790
I agree with the bells and whistles(some it is just too much for a tractor), but I do like the fuel gauge(the only other tractor I have owned, and still do, is the JD 650 and all that it has is the floater in the tank), and the turn signals come in handy particularly since I still have to get out on the road a little bit to get to a pasture. I find myself using this one alot with the exception of the mowing, I just use the 790 with mowing the pastures and I still use the 650 for the yard work(again it has to do with the tires).

/ JD 790 #12  
I have had my 790 for five years or so and still love it. As others have mentioned, it's light for it's power. I have my rear tires filled with RimGuard. And yes, the battery leaks and corrodes the tray, I fixed mine. I also had the clutch pedal return spring break. Replaced it with a hardware store spring (Sunday job) and all is fine. Which loader do you have? There have been several over the years, I have the 70.

If you don't need the frills, it's a great little tractor.

/ JD 790
I have the 300 loader, I think it can handle up to 750-800 lbs in the bucket, which is perfect for moving trees here and there that I have to replace or fill in gaps in the tree line as more and more people are moving into subdivisions round my place. I'm hoping when all the pines get big and full I can keep those little "darlin" children from the subdivision out of the horse pastures(and this is coming from a city slicker as I was born and raised in the city, Dallas). I'm looking to rear pto driven wood chippers for it as well. I tried with vermeer and echo, but vermeer totally did away with it and the distributor for my region that I live in now for the echo ones don't have it and they don't seem all that eager to get it for just one customer. I did see one by Jinma, but I don't know much about them, so I don't know if they are a good buy or not.