Jd 855 governor

/ Jd 855 governor #1  

sampwell

Tractor
JD 855 1987
Hi,

(Sorry, not very good in english)

I have an intermittent issus with my jd 855 1987

Saturday when im blowing snow, i feel i dont have same power, i as need to go very slow, because rpm drop easily. Same thing if i drive fast uphill.

Sunday just had 1-2 times this problem and after no problem.

For me, its look like a governor issu.

Can it be adjusted?

/ Jd 855 governor #2  
Personally I would check a few other things first before fiddling with the governor. It might have fuel delivery issue.

Have you replaced the fuel filter?
Have you checked if you are getting enough fuel flow to the injector pump?

/ Jd 855 governor #3  
Is your 855 a hydrostatic transmission?

/ Jd 855 governor
Good morning,

Yes its a hydrostatic transmission.

Last time i have replaced fuel filter about 1 year and half.
transmission filter 2 years
hydrolic oil strainer and oil 2 years.
air filter and oil 2-3 month.
hydrolic pump 2 years

How do i can check fuel flow?

/ Jd 855 governor #5  
Then sounds like running in too high of gear selection, maybe Hi and should be in Lo. Or have you already done that Lo selection?

Engines do lose power over the "years" due to wear and tear. A compression check on the three cylinders may lead you to the need for some engine work. Read recently of an engine (believe it was a Yanmar too) fix where just new rings were needed to boost engine power. Didn't need full overhaul.

Don't think governor has anything to do with your problem. How many hours do you have on this tractor, and have you put all those hours on or not?

/ Jd 855 governor
I'm alway in the lo gear.

When i bought it, about 3000 Hour i think, but i replace the tacometer, i should be near 3500 hour.

Yes over time engine loss power, but 2 week ago no problem (i can go too fast for the snowblower 54" and become a plow).

Saturday i feel i had less power and sunday loss power 1-2 times and after blow like before without problem.

I think an engine problem cant be intermitant.

/ Jd 855 governor #7  
Do a check on the fuel supply system. Even the screen in the tank.

Also check if the fuel is jelling.

/ Jd 855 governor #8  
Not sure if that tractor has a lift pump but might want to look into that as well..