Snow JD 955 snowblower rides too low

/ JD 955 snowblower rides too low #11  
This pic is with the blower all the way up and worn bolts if I recall. Not helping are the low front tires but your 955 should have a larger size. It is kind of wimpy compared to the 318-430 lift height.

On my last post, the first pic was a random 4400 that I had.

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_2137sm.jpg
    IMG_2137sm.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 439
   / JD 955 snowblower rides too low
You are right on all points. Moving the front arms to the lower bolt holes would give me a bit, and the bolts I'm using for the front bracket mount are 1/8" undersized making it rock back a bit, (and my turf tires are very worn).

But even if I fixed those problems, and got new tires I don't see gaining more than an inch of lift which wouldn't be enough.

I'm working on modifying the bracket to move the pivot point forward about an inch and a half, which should give me twice that in lift.

/ JD 955 snowblower rides too low #13  
Post some pics when your done. For some reason Deere made these lower way to much. They would really cut if you had a blade on instead.

/ JD 955 snowblower rides too low
Moving the pivot point forward fixed the low rider problem, the blower raises up 12-16" now. I cut the bracket just below the cross piece, moved the pieces 1.5" forward, and welded them back on.

The bad news is that at full PTO rpm, the blower throws snow only about 6 inches for a couple of minutes then the chute gets clogged. It might work ok in a colder climate with dry light snow, don't know.