JD 997Z mower problem

/ JD 997Z mower problem
Well, I let it set for a couple of hours and tried it again. I'm still getting the same problem. However, it appears that it is better than it was. I have noticed that sometimes turning the ignition to off briefly and then turning it back on will coax it to keep running. Whatever the problem is, it is causing me to really hate this mower.

I know! When mine was new, I took it back to the Dealer and they said "we tried all day to make it do what you said and it worked fine for us"....ahhhh! Now each time it stalls/happens, I wonder is this the time I will not be able to get it going? the only thing I've been able to do, and i'm not sure it helps but I do get going. is when it starts to stall (because it thinks either i) no one is in the seat or ii) the break is still on...as I move the arms in...I quickly put them back into neural position keeping the engine running - then move them back out very very slow...it seems to be a bit of a work-a-round. Oh, forgot to mention, let down the park break very very slow as well. so that's...park break down slow and arms out slow. and smooth for both. WHAT A PAIN!

/ JD 997Z mower problem #12  
since this is a JD forum, maybe you guys could help with my JD 997 Z mower. I have had an intermittent problem since day one...6/08. The safty feature will not allow the mower to start without park break on...fine. However, sometimes, after I start it (break on) then go to put the break down/off...the engine stalls. I took it to the dealer and they said they could not make this happen. I just did my spring tune and I had this issue one out of five fine starts.

Any advise or information that would help in talking to my dealer?

Thanks

There is a switch along the relays the best I remember it is a switch that when you bounce up & down on the seat on rough ground it keep the mower going. But if you remain up for more then a second or to it will kill the mower

/ JD 997Z mower problem #13  
I know! When mine was new, I took it back to the Dealer and they said "we tried all day to make it do what you said and it worked fine for us"....ahhhh! Now each time it stalls/happens, I wonder is this the time I will not be able to get it going? the only thing I've been able to do, and i'm not sure it helps but I do get going. is when it starts to stall (because it thinks either i) no one is in the seat or ii) the break is still on...as I move the arms in...I quickly put them back into neural position keeping the engine running - then move them back out very very slow...it seems to be a bit of a work-a-round. Oh, forgot to mention, let down the park break very very slow as well. so that's...park break down slow and arms out slow. and smooth for both. WHAT A PAIN!
I worked on it again yesterday, taking the brake safety switch out and cleaning it. The contacts looked good. I did a continuity check on it and it seems to be switching off and on as it should. I have also noticed that sometimes if I just let the mower run for a few minutes after starting it up, it will work fine (sometimes). I'm beginning to suspect that the pressure switch on the pump might be the problem. Once it takes off, it will usually run fine the rest of the day. I might as well give up. This mower is an electrical nightmare.

/ JD 997Z mower problem #14  
since this is a JD forum, maybe you guys could help with my JD 997 Z mower. I have had an intermittent problem since day one...6/08. The safty feature will not allow the mower to start without park break on...fine. However, sometimes, after I start it (break on) then go to put the break down/off...the engine stalls. I took it to the dealer and they said they could not make this happen. I just did my spring tune and I had this issue one out of five fine starts.

Any advise or information that would help in talking to my dealer?

Thanks
OK. Problem solved. I had to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. The problem was a faulty seat delay module located on the engine firewall.