JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota?

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #61  
If you ever look at Fendt tractors they cost allot more than Deere. Also the Challeger articulated tractors and 580R combines that where on the farms a few years ago. The Cat's would smoke the Deere 9870 combines that replaced them but the service and price of the Deere's where night and day different. Also when the Cat combines left it was hard finding a buyer that would pay what there worth.

Yes fendt are overpriced too and ours had their share of engine problems but along with challenger here in north america not really a common everday brand like deere . Cat/claas lexions are different and very area dependant , there are a lot of them here and second in numbers only to Case IH rotaries . They would be my choice if we ever change .

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #62  
The japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.Never heard a song with the word Kubota in it...The tag on my tractor says Made In USA.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #63  
a couple years ago i was in the market for a utility tractor.I have a deere and kubota dealer with in 15 miles I priced out a kubota 5640su and a deere 5055e both are low option tractors with 4wd and loader and optional dual rear remotes they were within 500$ and I realy like both tractors but the kubota dealer came up with a very low hour used m4800 that fit my needs and between being used and slightly smaller saved about 12000$ over the other choices.I have been very happy with the m4800 and dont regret going with the smaller tractor at all.I feel that deere and kubota are are pretty equal on cost and quality atleast in the 40 to 70 horse range i havent realy shopped the small compacts or the bigger farm tractors.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #64  
a couple years ago i was in the market for a utility tractor.I have a deere and kubota dealer with in 15 miles I priced out a kubota 5640su and a deere 5055e both are low option tractors with 4wd and loader and optional dual rear remotes they were within 500$ and I realy like both tractors but the kubota dealer came up with a very low hour used m4800 that fit my needs and between being used and slightly smaller saved about 12000$ over the other choices.I have been very happy with the m4800 and dont regret going with the smaller tractor at all.I feel that deere and kubota are are pretty equal on cost and quality atleast in the 40 to 70 horse range i havent realy shopped the small compacts or the bigger farm tractors.

There again you have an example of not being able to compare two tractors that are the same in nearly all respects. Those two are very close on horse power and hitch lift capacity etc. but the Kubota weighs 1700 lbs less then the Deere. The Deer's heavier construction will let it put more power to the ground with less ballast and the increased ruggedness of its construction should mean longer durability and lower lifetime costs.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #65  
A dealer makes a ton of difference. I shopped JD and Kubota last year for a CUT. Compared everything and test drove. I favored the JD because of ergonomics, but was open to both. But, when I compared financing and incentives, the JD was significantly cheaper - and the JD dealer has a better service department. Easy choice. Note in the postings here the number people upset with a tractor who attribute the problem to the dealer.

Pick a good dealer and you'll always be happier.

100% correct. The right dealer should have a big part in the decision process. I'm fortunate that I have a great Kubota dealership about ten minutes away from home and two great JD dealerships about 20 minutes away.

I have dealt with both and been very happy.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #66  
At least in my area, I could generally get more tractor for the $$ with Kubota than Deere, but it wasn't apples to apples by any means. For instance, I could've got a Kubota B2620 for the same price as a Deere 1026R. Both had front loaders. The Deere had some better features (position control) while the Kubota was bigger and had a few advantages of it's own. In the end, price wasn't the only consideration , and I had to weigh a lot of factors.