JD and Kubota are so lame

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #11  
I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, but all the specs were available at the site that I gave you. Granted, there are no pictures, but the complete specs are there for all the new series tractors. I picked up the new brochure this weekend and I just compared that with what is listed on the website I posted.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame
I agree, it's there, but if you're like me, you start off at the www.deere.com web site, then start drilling down. It takes you to a grounds and turf section (I need to know in advance that a 4710 is classified as a grounds and turf tractor rather than agricultural or homeowner/estate, but that's another complaint), and the only products listed are the older 4700 etc models. I couldn't find any news or anything. A search for "4710" turns up nothing either.

The link you have is either a stranded link, or more likely you get to it through some obscure path, or at least it seems obscure to me since I couldn't find it. To me, a newly announced product should be all over the site. You shouldn't be able to get in without tripping over it several times. When a customer has to work and struggle to find out about a product they might want to buy, something is broken.

By tomorrow I'll have this out of my system.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #13  
True,soooooooooooo true,Kubota's site is one step above useless and as far as Deere goes I think their site is useful,but as you said,not real useful for new product,try finding info on the new 110 tlb,I looked months ago and this was just about the only place that had ANY info about it!It really is sad that they don't go full tilt in promoting a new piece of equipment,hopefully it'll change sooner rather than later.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #14  
I agree that the tractor manufacturer's websites are basically useless. I just purchased a tractor after over 2 years of research and basically ignored their sites. I would occasionally go to them to see if they had been updated with any new info, but usually not. I still don't know the hierarchy of the JD line (which is better 790 / 4100?), and for awhile I was considering the Kubota L2500 (since replaced by the L2550, then L2600). I had no idea that the L2500 was alot different than the L3010 I ended up with. I also searched for dealers to get the real info. I wish the manufacturers would give the list price.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #15  
Overall, the JD site is very comprehensive. Marketing is usually the last in line on new product introduction due to production prototype completion needed for brochures, ect. Their web site probably is lower ranked within markting for priority. My guess is that JD is limiting the amount of information on the new 4XXX series until factory and most importantly dealer inventories of the old 4000 series are minimal--otherwise, JD would be faced with heavy consumer rebates to move the old product off the lots. I agree with the fact that the Kubota lacks considerable creativity as a selling tool.

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #16  
I just noticed that the JD110 TLB has been added to the configurator section on the JD site./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #17  
Hey... guys... why do you think I started this site in the first place? Had the manufacturers been doing it right 4 years ago, I probably would never had started the original forum... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #18  
Looking at it from that perspective we should all be very thankful that the manufacturers do such a poor job of publishing info on their products.

I'd rather log on to TBN than a manufacturer's web site ANYDAY.

TBone

/ JD and Kubota are so lame #19  
<font color=blue>"I'd rather log on to TBN than a manufacturer's web site ANYDAY."</font color=blue>

AMEN brother!!!

/ JD and Kubota are so lame
OK, you win. I'll shut up.