JD eHydro vs Powr reverser

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #21  
This reply cracks me up. A hydro is much better suited for loader work. That's why heavy equipment uses hydro's.

Matt;)

Sorry Mr Cracked up, but not in the ag world, you are confused with the construction industry. I should have however specified that, thanks for pointing it out.

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #22  
Ctl guy, the reason the AG world is more into gears is due to ground engagement(where gears are an advantage) which I'm sure you know. Steve I'd love a pic if it's not too much trouble.

Matt;)

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #23  
I think like anything you try each out and see which you like better. Like I said I was looking at Hydro on a 3320 but got the 3520 with PR for a few grand cheaper than the 3320 with Hydro and I don't regret it at all (3520 was a special order that was backed out of). The hydro wasn't worth the extra cash to me. However, if I knew I was going to be doing mostly loader work, then maybe it would have been worth it as I agree going in and out of piles all day would be easier with a hydro. I know when I am loading dirt into my neighbors Kabota track dump machine, I have to feather the clutch quite a bit so I can inch close to dump, otherwise I have to shift down (or go slower into and out of the pile, but I am way too impatient for that). But, that kind of loader work for me is few and far between. I use the loader a lot but it is for hauling firewood, lumber, limbs, etc. most of the time and going into piles only every so often. The majority of my time I am grading with the box blade or pulling trees around the property. To each his own though, but no need to try and force opinions on anyone from either side. :)

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #24  
Another vote here for eHydro. Snow removal is not simply "loader work"! It is alot of time spent creeping and inching into locations that you want to clear snow from. Next to buildings and fences, etc. trying to avoid mailboxes or light poles and electric poles...

Working the clutch and watching the rear blade and the front bucket (or blade) and how close your tires are to the edge of the road.

Nope... no more clutching and shifting for me when I'm trying to keep tabs on 4-5 things at the same time!!

Now.... disking my fields and baling hay - well, that's a different ballgame. You could convince me to go with a PowerReverser tranny for that work.

AKfish

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #25  
I have a Power Reverser 3520 and love it.
Automatic transmissions have always been frowned upon in Europe, those glorified mayonnaise-mixers being considered as gas guzzlers, and are seldom used on cars or tractors.
I do not understand all this talk about clutching and changing gears (even on the fly !). I drive the tractor 4 or 5 hours a day and do not change gears every day. I use A1 for very delicate manoeuvers, B2 most of the time and C3 on the road.
The power reverser with its automatic clutch changes directions and the throttle sets the speed, nothing could be simpler or more comfortable !

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #26  
The Europeans may need to revise thewir opinions of automatics, as the newest 6 and 7 speed models generally show better mileage than the comparable manual transmission cars, the DSG "automated manual" clutchless units may be the best of both worlds.

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #27  
Now.... disking my fields and baling hay - well, that's a different ballgame. You could convince me to go with a PowerReverser tranny for that work.

LOL, I feel the same way, but the fact that you can't get a Cabbed PR tranny machine would make the sales pitch impossible to me.

The only reason I got the eHydro to begin with was the cab, I came from a Glide Shift Kubota and thought was was the best thing since sliced bread...I've said it before and I'll say it again...you couldnt pry the eHydro from my cold dead hands.
Tilling the garden, using the power rake, loading gravel or snowblowing, with eHydro you always have the perfect speed for the job.

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #28  
I think like anything you try each out and see which you like better. Like I said I was looking at Hydro on a 3320 but got the 3520 with PR for a few grand cheaper than the 3320 with Hydro and I don't regret it at all (3520 was a special order that was backed out of). The hydro wasn't worth the extra cash to me. However, if I knew I was going to be doing mostly loader work, then maybe it would have been worth it as I agree going in and out of piles all day would be easier with a hydro. I know when I am loading dirt into my neighbors Kabota track dump machine, I have to feather the clutch quite a bit so I can inch close to dump, otherwise I have to shift down (or go slower into and out of the pile, but I am way too impatient for that). But, that kind of loader work for me is few and far between. I use the loader a lot but it is for hauling firewood, lumber, limbs, etc. most of the time and going into piles only every so often. The majority of my time I am grading with the box blade or pulling trees around the property. To each his own though, but no need to try and force opinions on anyone from either side. :)

Jeffster,

I don't have any problems with your analogy or view, I think it is a fairly diplomatic approach. My problem is with posters who won't even test an Ehydro for a few days before forming an opinion.

soulasphil for instance wasn't interested because the brakes were on the left, he is adamant about the power reverser but has no experience using the Ehydro.

1ID, tried out a Mahindra with hydro, not an EHydro and is forming his opinion of the EHydro without ever using it. All hydros are not the same.

I have found very few posters who have an EHydro who don't like them, and most of us have had the power reverser trannies too. I know I have had non syncro, partial syncro, power shift, power reverser and now have EHydro. For close in work the EHydro is easier to use, for field work in large open areas I think the power reverser or syncro gear tractors are winners.

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #29  
I have been following this thread for a while now. Good discussion on the two tranny types! :thumbsup: Both would be a mega improvement over my current ride.

I think I need to drive both models one of these days....but from reading above I believe a hydo is the tranny for me. I like the creeping abilities and the close quarter control that the hydro would allow. Seems I'm always trying to thread a needle with some piece of equipment....and in that area it would be hard to beat the hydo.

I suppose adding a few extra ponnies to make up for the hydro loss is in order....so the 3520 seems to fill my cup. Now...If I could keep my foot throttle AND the hydro.....I'd be in tall cotton. :licking: Errrrr maybe I need another leg? :laughing:

Of course I ain't buying anything.....yet. ;)

/ JD eHydro vs Powr reverser #30  
foggy,

How do you use your foot throttle now? I ask because the Ehydro with upgraded cruise has ethrottle which speeds up the engine as needed via the footpedals. Most plain hydro's don't do this such as the Deere 2000 series hydros.