JD Front mount 59" blower

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #11  
I have a JD 59" front blower on an older JD855.
Works VERY well. If the snow is very wet and heavy it struggles. But then most any blower would.
Combine blower with a back blade and I can get away with only having to shovel the front steps.
Do wish I had a cab some days.
Good luck

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #12  
I have a 3720 with the 59" front blower and a back blade. I've only had it for one winter and it was a very mild and low snow winter. That said, the few times I got to exercise it I was very impressed. It works great and didn't struggle much at all even with a foot of very wet, very heavy snow. Having used it now a few times I would not hesitate one bit to buy it again.

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #13  
I have a 59" snowblower on my JD3720......Wouldn't trade it for anything! It cost a little more, but it is worth it. I have a 400 foot driveway with a few curves and driving in reverse was not an option. I am away from home often and my wife runs the tractor / snowblower with no difficulty at all. She says it only takes about 20-30 minutes to finish the drive way. I would recommend get the 59" snowblower. You won't be sorry.

/ JD Front mount 59" blower
Wow, thanks for all the replies! Looks like quite a few here running this combo. It's good to know everyone seems to be happy with the setup.

Went to the dealership today and everything is almost ready. The only thing left for them to install is the hardlines for the 3rd function.

I guess the next thing to work on would be the deflector chute. For some reason this blower doesn't have that as an option. I'd like to use the 3rd function (hydraulic) as it's already on the tractor. Seems like a waste to go with an electric (linear actuator) when the tractor is plumbed and the control is already right at your thumb. Not sure what to do...

Has anyone else delt with an aftermarket version (hydraulic/electric) of the deflector chute?

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #15  
Wow, thanks for all the replies! Looks like quite a few here running this combo. It's good to know everyone seems to be happy with the setup.

Went to the dealership today and everything is almost ready. The only thing left for them to install is the hardlines for the 3rd function.

I guess the next thing to work on would be the deflector chute. For some reason this blower doesn't have that as an option. I'd like to use the 3rd function (hydraulic) as it's already on the tractor. Seems like a waste to go with an electric (linear actuator) when the tractor is plumbed and the control is already right at your thumb. Not sure what to do...

Has anyone else delt with an aftermarket version (hydraulic/electric) of the deflector chute?

I haven't delt with any aftermarket versions but I'd be interested in finding out what you find out about any qptions. I also have the 3rd function option and it would be sweet if I could run the deflector with my thumb instead of getting off the tractor and manually adjusting it.
I am sure that others would be interested in this info as well. Keep us posted. I'll do some research as well and let you know what I come up with,

I haven't delt with any aftermarket versions but I'd be interested in finding out what you find out about any qptions. I also have the 3rd function option and it would be sweet if I could run the deflector with my thumb instead of getting off the tractor and manually adjusting it.
I am sure that others would be interested in this info as well. Keep us posted. I'll do some research as well and let you know what I come up with,

Thats great!

I talked a little about this today with my dealer and the service guy. Service guy said it's real do-able, just have to make sure we use a valve to restrict the psi as the pressure would be too much for the deflector tip. Also have to find a way to mount the hydraulic cylinder..

Anyway, i'm making this my mission and hope to get it done before the first snowfall. Between the two of use maybe we can figure it out;)

Anyone else feel free to jump in at anytime!

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #17  
This will be my 3rd winter with my 3720 and 59" blower. WORLDS better than any 3-point setup. No more stiff neck and hurting back. I use a box blade to get the stuff next to the garage door where the blower can't get to. Drag it out in the drive and hit it with the blower and done. As far as the deflector goes... I tried an electric actuator and built the mounts but the heavy snow I get rattled the actuator to death and had to go back to the manual adjuster. Maybe these mount pics gives you an idea how to build yours. Will be following this to see how you do the hyd one.
IMG_0354-1.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758-1.jpg

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #18  
One other thing I have done to the blower is..... I cut a circle out of 1/16" teflon and made a giant "washer" to put between the blower housing and the chute. It turns soo much smoother and tightens up the chute to keep it from rattling around so much. Every year I shoot some grease onto the teflon with a needle adapter on my grease gun to keep things turning smooth.

Photos at last! Thanks for those jjmarotz :thumbsup:

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #20  
One other thing I have done to the blower is..... I cut a circle out of 1/16" teflon and made a giant "washer" to put between the blower housing and the chute. It turns soo much smoother and tightens up the chute to keep it from rattling around so much. Every year I shoot some grease onto the teflon with a needle adapter on my grease gun to keep things turning smooth.

A good idea is to also grease the cables that turn the shoot, they rot out quickly and I've changed them more than once. Grease helps keep them from rotting.
Rob