JD GT275 Transmission

/ JD GT275 Transmission #1  

threeonefan

I have a John Deere GT 275 that won't move anymore. It will go forward at an extremely slow speed, it wont go in reverse at all. I've checked all the linkages and the the transmission screen. The transmission seems to have "set up" right out of the blue. Anybody have any ideas? Is a new transmission needed?

/ JD GT275 Transmission #2  
Did you check that the hydro fluid is filled to the proper mark? If you had a leak it could stop working out of the blue like that.

/ JD GT275 Transmission #3  
Don't know how a 275 is set up - but many GT hydros have a 'release' control to allow the tractor to be moved/rolled/towed. Is it possible your control has been set to roll and/or the bypass valves it operates on have frozen 'open'? You might have even snagged the lever on some brush if it is under the tractor like my 318.

/ JD GT275 Transmission
Unfortunatly it isn't the fluid level. I wish it were that easy. Thanks for the input.

/ JD GT275 Transmission
I check that and it seems to be in the right position. The linkage from the foot pedal is hooked to l lever at the top of the transmission. That lever (I believe) is supposed to move one way for forward and another for reverse. When I unhooked the linkage the lever wouldn't move at all no matter how hard I tried.

/ JD GT275 Transmission #6  
Hmm...

All the simple things havn't worked, how 'bout the dealer? Still under warrenty? Even if it isn't, you may be able to go down there and explain your problem and have them give you some info as to where to look. A good dealer would willingly help you if he could.